What is the active time of the userbase ?

Caivy

I have been posting my chapter randomly because I'm living in Asia, and my time zone is different from most of the user base. So I have been wondering what is the best time should i post?
in UTC +7 if can but if not then it's still all good.

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
A lot of the readers do come from the US, so you can post by that timezone

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
It doesn't really matter. If you're writing in English and your content has smut in it, the 11pm-3am (GMT-5) time slot is good for catching readers on the latest updates frontpage. What i've found after 2 years of posing on SH is to just post a single chapter a day a couple times a week and always at the same time/days. Feel free and put your posting schedule at the bottom of your story's synopsis. It worked for me and I've accrued 1700 active readers, with spikes as high as 5,000 when on trending, and I gotta say it's not a bad deal for an NSFW story.

now if only I could write boring SFW litrpg and make millions...

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Meh, just post whenever you want. If you think posting at the time when most of the readers are awake, your post will disappear so fast because other authors think the same too. If you post at the time when less readers are awake, your post will disappear slower, but not many people will see it until the uptime, by that time your upload will eventually get pushed out anyway.

If there is someone who has found that sweet spot, they won't tell you and will likely give you the wrong suggestion so that you won't get in their way. So just post whenever you feel is the right time. And post regularly. Regular posts get more views than trying to catch that 'lucky' slut.

Zenkarn

I think it's less about timezones than about consistency. As long as you've picked a day and time to post it should work fine.

Premier

The vast majority of my views come from the US. I'd say aiming for around 5-10 pm New York time is a safe bet.