What is the best way to cool down when it's deathly hot?

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Currently, the land of Sauron has got some serious high temperatures going on. O.O I'm always looking for advice on how to cool down. In this heat I am feeling rather adventurous so no suggestion is too small or too ridiculous.

Signed The Melting Bunny

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Go to a mall?
Go to a swimming pool?

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
The areas around large bodies of water will typically be cooler... then again you live on a big island so that may not be as true for you xD. There are several alternatives however.

You could make yourself a swamp cooler. Basically fan blowing over a large sponge sitting in a deep sheet pan. Sounds odd, but can lower the temp a few degrees at the expense of making it slightly more humid(hence the name).

A few other options that are not very like to be available are; Cave systems, deep basements, high mountains, water falls, underwater bases.... a friend with an AC xD

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Unsticks herself enough from the lounge chair to give you a thumbs up.

Ugh, all of that requires effort...though I may try the swamp cooler, never heard of that one. >.>

Miserys_End

Could you @Miserys_End do a raindance for me?
You could just come visit me... you might just freeze your tail off though. I mean the weekly high is going to be only 8c°(and a low of 1°) and snow in the foot hill behind me xD

Then again I've always found it easier to warm up on a cold day then cool down on a hot one...

Side note, it's currently misty rain outside, I doubt think a rain dance will be able to escape the local area to help you accrossed the Pacific.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
You could just come visit me... you might just freeze your tail off though. I mean the weekly high is going to be only 8c°(and a low of 1°) and snow in the foot hill behind me xD

Then again I've always found it easier to warm up on a cold day then cool down on a hot one...

Side note, it's currently misty rain outside, I doubt think a rain dance will be able to escape the local area to help you accrossed the Pacific.

It just shows that you are an effective rainmaker....show ship it over to Uncle Sauron. >.>

Miserys_End

Unsticks herself enough from the lounge chair to give you a thumbs up.

Ugh, all of that requires effort...though I may try the swamp cooler, never heard of that one. >.>
Seems there are lots of diy 5 gallon bucket swamp coolers once I googled. They even looked relatively simple as well. If I had the parts and tools I could likely have one made in less then an hour not that it would help you from here xD

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Seems there are lots of diy 5 gallon bucket swamp coolers once I googled. They even looked relatively simple as well. If I had the parts and tools I could likely have one made in less then an hour not that it would help you from here xD

At the moment, I'm having ice cream....my body rejoices, but my ass doesn't. :P

Miserys_End

At the moment, I'm having ice cream....my body rejoices, but my ass doesn't. :p

Just remembered the simplest swamp cooler of them all, a nice wet heavy cotton t-shirt. Just make sure it's not white.... unless you're going to be tempting someone shortly there after xD

Bajitonz

Read the about m and you may understand me more :)

Sounds nice.

Bajitonz

Read the about m and you may understand me more :)
Just remembered the simplest swamp cooler of them all, a nice wet heavy cotton t-shirt. Just make sure it's not white.... unless you're going to be tempting someone shortly there after xD
MUST be white, and a pic to prove @FemmeFatale tried the advice. ;)