What is the most disappointing, not bad, ending to a series you have finished?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
"The novels extra"

The author of the novel is good at making premise but sucks at ending like literally and metaphorically.
Can't really find the translated story, I was hoping for a BJ scene.

... I am way addicted to p0rn than I'd like to admit.

To me, Dawn of the Silver Dragon (yes it is p0rn) has not just a disappointing end, but also a WTF end.

Because till date, I have no understanding of how mind broken female warriors who were, in a few chapters back, getting gangbanged until their brains flow out of their orifices alongside of the cum of men, could get together with the villains for a "happy" ending as though the kingdom wasn't going down in flames.

BigBadBoi

The World God Only Knows. I'm still pissed that that girl won.
Hotline Miami 2. Fuck it's a good ending but still disappointing.
I don't remember much else because I either drop it for being shit hslfway through or I delete it from my memory.
Release that witch. Author got bullied by wife to not make a harem ending lmao
To be fair the only girls that matter in the romance is anna and nightingale.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
HUUUGE SPOILERS FOR A BIG MANWHA!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

SOLO LEVELLING

I didn't care about the rushed ending. The resolution itself was what made everything feel like a waste of time. It's basically a reset ending where everything goes back to normal but everyone forgets the MC, eveyrthing that was sacrificed, ect to save the world. I wouldn't have cared much if they didn't FORGET the MC. That was my biggest pet peeve and was such a huge disappointment.

It really felt everything was a waste, because there's no acknowledgement. Everything resolves well, and the MC watches their friends get on with their life while they're suspended in this weird space. Maaaaaaan. I remember it like it was only yesterday. Never touched a Manhwa again after that (until just a week ago).

FAR CRY 5 SPOILERS, because it reminds me of when I 100% Far Cry 5 only to get shafted by the nuke ending. It wasn't bad, just so disappointing that everyone I helped basically died. Felt like a chump doing all those missions. Fuck me I guess. Since then I always check the endings of Ubisoft games just to make sure I'm not going to get my progress slapped by a progress-wiping ending.

Neir Automatica is my exception, because it plays so well to its story, themes, etc that I sobbed when I was given the option to delete my save to help save someone else.
re: Far Cry V that's partly because it doesnt actually feel like an ending and more of an interlude to set up New Dawn. According to the art director the Far Cry team had always wanted to do a post-apoc Far Cry. so i presume that when they came up with V's ending they likely deliberately made it a double bluff result to allow them to then make what ended up being New Dawn.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
re: Far Cry V that's partly because it doesnt actually feel like an ending and more of an interlude to set up New Dawn. According to the art director the Far Cry team had always wanted to do a post-apoc Far Cry. so i presume that when they came up with V's ending they likely deliberately made it a double bluff result to allow them to then make what ended up being New Dawn.
I despised even looking at New Dawn because I knew Far Cry 5 ended for it. Wouldn't have been that bad honestly if you played as the same chars and tie up loose ends in a post apocalyptic world. I probably would've loved it. But that's just me being sour in the end.

I've actually played through New Dawn and I kind of enjoyed seen the grown up version of the characters. Could've been better, but at least it wasn't bad.