What is the most perfect scumbag you have known?

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
As title said.
I won’t limit it to just written or drawn works but I would prefer those as they are easier to check.

Long story short, I want to make a believable scumbag. The kind that I can condemn it to a horrendous fate without making many people feel sad. Having an example would make me learn better so please help.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
a pet peeve of mine is when lazy authors just make all their bad guys rapeists as there is a shit rainbow of scum on the earth.
as for examples i'm kinda drawing a blank.
edit:thought of something in the shower.
i'm a sucker for the classics and animal abuse is one of them. it's both family friendly and compleatly unforgivable! also makes for good contrast to a noble villan who could be shown as kind to animals. it may be cliche but it's cliche for a reason

Last edited:

SailusGebel

I haven't read the book, nor did I watch the TV series, but I think Joffrey Baratheon fits?

CheertheDead

How about someone that judges you without knowing you or that gets into people's stories and accuses you of adding NTR to your story, even though it's not true, even after 30 chapters later, but the damage is already being done, and you lost readers because that asshat is more popular and always hits trending, and their judgement has more credibility than the actual facts?
That's ok for slice of life story I guess.

My take is "me". Being an author that subject their characters to terrible fate just to satisfy the readers.

a pet peeve of mine is when lazy authors just make all their bad guys rapeists as there is a shit rainbow of scum on the earth.
as for examples i'm kinda drawing a blank.
edit:thought of something in the shower.
i'm a sucker for the classics and animal abuse is one of them. it's both family friendly and compleatly unforgivable! also makes for good contrast to a noble villan who could be shown as kind to animals. it may be cliche but it's cliche for a reason
Rapist and animal abuser are those I don't understand so I couldn't write about those in a believable fashion. I mean what joy is abusing animals? And rapist, is it normal to have a horny bag of shit that wants to rape girls 24/7?

I haven't read the book, nor did I watch the TV series, but I think Joffrey Baratheon fits?
I didn't even know that series lol. What did he do though?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
How about someone that judges you without knowing you or that gets into people's stories and accuses you of adding NTR to your story, even though it's not true, even after 30 chapters later, but the damage is already being done, and you lost readers because that asshat is more popular and always hits trending, and their judgement has more credibility than the actual facts?
names? for scientific purposes.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
I mean what joy is abusing animals?
sadist would if you're going for that angle. but other than that is that they lack the empathy to feel bad about hurting the animal, that they don't care about the animal getting hurt.

Kuropon

Probably someone with a superiority complex that by default judges other people to be below him.

Vicky

Probably someone with a superiority complex that by default judges other people to be below him.
Vanix is the most magnificent bastard that I know. He uses his big boi powers to step on the weak! The only person who can save us from such a Villian is you, Kuropon.

As title said.
I won’t limit it to just written or drawn works but I would prefer those as they are easier to check.

Long story short, I want to make a believable scumbag. The kind that I can condemn it to a horrendous fate without making many people feel sad. Having an example would make me learn better so please help.
have a character, showcase the clear negative effects of his actions.
for example a drug dealer: follow the life of some of his clients and how fucked they've become. you could do the same with any character with a negative alignment (positive too).

Kuropon

Vanix is the most magnificent bastard that I know. He uses his big boi powers to step on the weak! The only person who can save us from such a Villian is you, Kuropon.
:blobspearpeek:

CheertheDead

sadist would if you're going for that angle. but other than that is that they lack the empathy to feel bad about hurting the animal, that they don't care about the animal getting hurt.
Being a sadist or being void of empathy allows one to be indifferent to the suffering of another. That I understand. The problem is even if they lacks empathy, they don’t do thing that bring them no enjoyment like studying or something.

I just couldn’t understand how abusing animal bring them enough joy for them to do it all the time.
have a character, showcase the clear negative effects of his actions.
for example a drug dealer: follow the life of some of his clients and how fucked they've become. you could do the same with any character with a negative alignment (positive too).

That I know. It’s the steps to show how terrible one character is. I want to know something else. I want to know the reason within that motivates them to do so. I want to construct a character with believable motives for being utterly irredeemable.

Sometimes, i just got the feeling liking money is not a strong enough motives for that.

That I know. It’s the steps to show how terrible one character is. I want to know something else. I want to know the reason within that motivates them to do so. I want to construct a character with believable motives for being utterly irredeemable.

Sometimes, i just got the feeling liking money is not a strong enough motives for that.
whats the setting

SailusGebel

Because liking money =\= being evil.
You can't. There is no believable motive that is irredeemable. It would be better to leave his past vague.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Sounds like an absolute Chad.
>accuses you of NTR
>refuses to explain further
>leaves
Lol

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
easy
1. Introduce a likable character
2. Have this character hurt by the scumbag
3. Have scumbag suffer no consequences

CheertheDead

whats the setting

I just want a collection of these bastards to use them in different stories and settings but my focus would be modern era and medieval fantasy.

You can't. There is no believable motive that is irredeemable. It would be better to leave his past vague.
:<
:sad noise:

easy
1. Introduce a likable character
2. Have this character hurt by the scumbag
3. Have scumbag suffer no consequences

Is that a NTR character you described there? :>

I just want a collection of these bastards to use them in different stories and settings but my focus would be modern era and medieval fantasy.
there are a ton of motives to use: success, fame, ambition, attention, strong feelings (love,hate,jelousy)
though imo money is the best of all. it's also the strongest the majority of people can relate to.