What is the preferred frequency for chapters release for readers?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I have posted three novels on SH, two of them are complete and @Jemini is speaking gospel... but damn it's hard to write 25 chapters in advance. by the time you get to chapter 10 web authors suffer withdrawal because they want someone to read it.
Ikr!? I wanted to stockpile 15 chapters, but it became so ridiculously hard after the 10th! I wanna publish already!! >.<
Y'all are speaking in days and weeks and I'm just over there feeling dwarfed with my ~one chapter per month per story frequency on my good months
*hugs* Ganbatte! Keep writing at your pace! ^^)/
Where's my yearly release gang at
*pat pat pat* As long as the releases are 50k+ words long, I wouldn't mind it~

... Or if you're Kenkyo author, then I wouldn't mind it either.

JayDirex

@AliceShiki I broke down, I couldn't take it. So far i have 9 chapters of the new story.

1. On Saturday (6/13/20) I released the first 3 chapters
2. Sunday, I will release chapter 4
3. Monday, I will release chapter 5 ONLY BECAUSE chapter 5 ends the climax action of the first part. ending the hook for the readers.

Ok, so I hope to hook readers with the first 5 chapters released daily. Then 6 on will be weekly so I can catch up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29316

I release four chapters every week, on Saturdays/Sundays, and Wednesdays/Thursdays. However, as my volumes go up (I got 5 volumes done) and my word counts going from 2k-3k average to 5k-6k average, I intend to lessen the days I release, so that I won't tire out my readers...

I also have an alternate story I'm working with, which I release on those days when my main story doesn't have a release.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
@AliceShiki I broke down, I couldn't take it. So far i have 9 chapters of the new story.

1. On Saturday (6/13/20) I released the first 3 chapters
2. Sunday, I will release chapter 4
3. Monday, I will release chapter 5 ONLY BECAUSE chapter 5 ends the climax action of the first part. ending the hook for the readers.

Ok, so I hope to hook readers with the first 5 chapters released daily. Then 6 on will be weekly so I can catch up.
There there, you did your best~

I hope it goes well for you with your new story! ^^)/

Nyaa

As many as possible, but I'd prefer a long weekly chapter over daily chapters only one page long.

If the author can manage reasonably long daily chapters, that's even better.