What is the Single Best Anime OP?

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
Another copy of another thread (teehee, sorry Ben).

But, if there could only be one anime opening we show to the aliens, one anime OP to be passed onto the next generations, one anime OP to rule them all, which one would it be?

My pick would be "A Cruel's Angel Thesis" from Evangelion.
Classic, timeless, and super hype. Even if you've never seen any anime, you have to know this OP.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Another copy of another thread (teehee, sorry Ben).

But, if there could only be one anime opening we show to the aliens, one anime OP to be passed onto the next generations, one anime OP to rule them all, which one would it be?

My pick would be "A Cruel's Angel Thesis" from Evangelion.
Classic, timeless, and super hype. Even if you've never seen any anime, you have to know this OP.
A worthy opponent, but pales in comparison to this masterpiece

Titanoktonon

Ignore the questionable background for the music, it absolutely rocks, and I think it was the first OP I bought purposefully, besides the Pokémon original series theme, but then everyone already knows that.

RedPanda

Maybe, I'm just too old, but I like the first OP(German Version) from Digimon the most.
German Version:

This is the new Version for Digimon Tri in JP:

The song text is different.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Ngl when I started this thread I was expecting the first reply to be Tokyo Ghoul or Attack on Titan, but this is pretty epic too.
Meh. I actually always skipped those. This is one of the few OPs I never did tho. That one and this
They hit so different. One is epic and the other is fun. Lol.
I feel Ichigo's theme song should be here too tho, even tho it's not an OP. When that song hit, shit started poppin.

OpenGL

I love this version of DB opening ... maybe because I never miss watching the series back when I'm still a child and there was still a Sunday morning anime program.

Edit: Good old-fashioned Tsubasa OP in Indonesian language ...

Jemini

Took me way longer than it should have to find a version that was synced up properly.

Anyone who is a fan of anime and born in the early 90s knows about this series, but very few know about this opening since it plays during the mid 300s episode runs of the series.

Detective Conan opening 13. Easily the best in the series and a very decent contender for best in anime. The way the animation syncs up is a contributing part of what makes it good, this op actually gave me chills the first time I watched it in full screen.

EternalSunset0

I'm not sure if it's the absolute best because I can't choose one, but it's been more than half a decade and I'm still jamming to this.

I just love the instrumentals at the start and end, the opening stanzas, and the bridge to the chorus part so much. Then the chorus doesn't disappoint.

Echimera

Is it a good or a bad thing that I can actually sing along with about half of the entries so far?
But man, openings are hard, and like so much other music it's really dependent on my mood.#I think I'll go with Share the World for now:

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
Hard choice since I'm quite indecisive, I love all the ginatama ops thought. 7,9,11 and 13 are probably my favourites

FaustVoncleave

Ohhh, fudge, that's a hard one. Ahhhh, part of me wants to say shout from Re:creators, but I think that's more because it's my favorite show than just the strength of the op (Though it is a banger). I guess, if we're going just with the op, I gotta give it to break your spell, from cardfight vanguard. That piano opening always sends shivers through me, got a big weakness for the piano as an instrument, and I give major points for the level of storytelling in the op.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
While Ai-chan can't say any opening is the best opening, Ai-chan love the following:

Vandred Thrust

Guilty Crown My Dearest

Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Though the anime is the shortened version, enjoy the sound novel version instead

EternalSunset0

Ohhh, fudge, that's a hard one. Ahhhh, part of me wants to say shout from Re:creators, but I think that's more because it's my favorite show than just the strength of the op (Though it is a banger). I guess, if we're going just with the op, I gotta give it to break your spell, from cardfight vanguard. That piano opening always sends shivers through me, got a big weakness for the piano as an instrument, and I give major points for the level of storytelling in the op.

Probably my favorite one before it got upstaged by Jo no Ka from GZ. I agree with the storytelling in the OP being so awesome.

FoxxieFox

Apprentice Wizard
Konohana Kitan OP
imma put it here cause y not
very wholesome
Urara Meirochou OP (Chiya version)
very cute
and nice