What is the worst criticism you have received?

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
For me, I think it was when I writing my story Dopeman (I think I send it over here on Friday!) and somebody said the dialogue wasn't realistic, because there was no way he could think all of this at once.

A. It was first person.
B. It was his retelling, it wasn't in the present tense.
C. He mentioned his DND stories and basically said that he did better. I didn't take him too serious after that.

NitroxDarks

It wasn't what the comment was talking about, it was the reason the 'criticism' occurred.

Basically, "hey, why don't you just tell me what your entire novel will be about?" and I'm like, ah.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
For me, I think it was when I writing my story Dopeman (I think I send it over here on Friday!) and somebody said the dialogue wasn't realistic, because there was no way he could think all of this at once.

A. It was first person.
B. It was his retelling, it wasn't in the present tense.
C. He mentioned his DND stories and basically said that he did better. I didn't take him too serious after that.
Some randoms giving 1 star and not justifying it

BlackKnightX

I don’t get many criticisms from the technical aspects. Doesn’t mean that my writing is top-notch or anything; it just means that it’s readable enough and not jarring, which is what I always aim for. Most readers—myself included—only care about the story. As long as your writing is readable and not jarring, then it’s all good.

EternalSunset0

I'm not sure how you determine "worst," but I did receive a harsh one in my first volume.

The points are valid though, so I don't think it's a bad one. I go back to it every now and then to start formulating on a possible polish once all volumes are out, which is probably in 2 years or so lol.

On one hand, of course it made me feel bad as the author, but on the other hand, that's just part of writing and posting stuff for the public to see. Besides, I already know myself what kind of series I'm writing and writing style I'm using, so the feedback's according to expectations.

As for actual useless feedback/criticism, I haven't gotten any so far.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I remember when I was writing on RR, one dude that reviewed my story said that it was hard to tell who's speaking, which doesn't make sense to me cause I way overused dialogue tags. The rest of their review was good, but that just stood out to me as weird.

Kitsura

Some people are just mean, I try not to think about it too much.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I've been told that my dialogue is cringey but since I'm operating on my standards of "cool", I can't, for the life of me, see which dialogue my readers mentioned is cringey and which one isn't.

I'm like George Lucas writing his interactions. Hopeless.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I don't know. I have been told that my writing was bad a lot when I was first starting out but I can't remember any harsh criticisms in the past year and a half. There may have been one or two but I can't remember.

Reyezwriting

When a more succesful author claimed that my main series had netorare. (It doesn't) That toxicity still haunts me after months. Although NTR was never planned in the story, this guy was just biased and saw the things he wanted to see just because he "recognized" patterns. To this day, this author claims that I am so toxic (even though I never contacted this guy outside the chapters) that he had to "block me". (From where? I never dm you. F-off)

Daitengu

After having three years of art class I'm 17, it's 1998, I show my childhood friend of ten years a drawing of an anime styled girl. I get laughed at so hard, that I haven't seriously tried art or was interested in keeping in touch after moving away ever since. Them teen hormones really hit hard to.

Writing wise, you know you're an angst filled teen when you're English teacher says you're too depressing and need to write happier. Oh and you'll get Fs from that point forward for depressing poetry and stories. Problem is that just wasn't gonna happen with all the crap going on with me at the time. Also I failed that class, and history, that year. Even though I got like 89 and 93 on the final exams. Just because I either didn't do homework or didn't do it the way teach wanted. Sorry, I wasn't in the mood to happily do homework while parents were fighting/divorcing from 8th to 11th grade. Also kinda sucks when you have gender dysphoria in the 90s cause there was no help available for it as people didn't know it was a problem to begin with. Really says something about a class when you can pass the final, all the weekly tests and midterms, but fail from homework alone. Cause that eng teacher kept her word on failing depressing work, so I stopped doing homework all together. Cause by the 11th grade I done forgot what happy feels like. Oh and I dropped out and got my GED.

Last edited:

unknownking

your local shitposter
I gotten a few weird reviews from royalroad. Here an example. I cut it short, but it still got rated 4/5 hehehe

Lost souls: Road to Godhood isn't a good story. It's chaotic, misleading, random, and almost completely troll-ish with its click-bait titles and random collection of tags

Story - More than the story, this seems mostly as the random collection of ideas about the kids stranded after the magic mishap. Despite they start in the fantasy world, it does qualify as Isekai it is labelled as, but that's pretty much it. Otherwise, rest of the story is utterly random filler with a click-baity titles that breaks 4th wall on every possible occasion, with characters talking with narrator, narrator talking with writer, and other utter randomless. 3 out of 5. Would be 4 if author bothered to add either satire or comedy to the tags, but ...