What is your end goal after making a story?

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
I have been writing a story for a while and had no end goal in sight due to me not taking my stories seriously.
Like what would you do after ending your series?

A. Make A comic
B. Make A site
C. Keep on making content for supporter
D. Do things one step at a time

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I have been writing a story for a while and had no end goal in sight due to me not taking my stories seriously.

A. Make A comic
B. Make A site
i dunno. Die? i did this shit for fun, i aint planning to continue this forever. Imma be like Lim Dal-Young and never be heard from again after my first few stories get done. Might write some more works later on that i never finish. Actually kinda doing that now tbh

SailusGebel

i dunno. Die? i did this shit for fun, i aint planning to continue this forever. Imma be like Lim Dal-Young and never be heard from again after my first few stories get done. Might write some more works later on that i never finish. Actually kinda doing that now tbh
You might want to rush the ending of one of your series to be even more like him. I don't remember the exact number, but I think almost all of his 'finished' works were axed.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨

A. Make A comic
B. Make A site
Improve enough that I impress myself and maaaybe make a site?

SerikoLee

Same here, am just winging this writing to see if people would support my work.

GreenHexagon

Error: Forbidden

A. Make A comic
B. Make A site
A. Then E. Get an Anime. Then sit back and watch as the reviews carpet bomb it to oblivion, or don't. I stopped caring after the 12th episode.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
Idk, make a game about it probably. I'm a sucker for open world games, and I can already visualize in my mind the hours I'd spend exploring the world.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
You might want to rush the ending of one of your series to be even more like him. I don't remember the exact number, but I think almost all of his 'finished' works were axed.
Lol feels like you may be talking about Legend of Maian or something. Smh the dude makes good stuff but they always end up axed or rushed.
Same here, am just winging this writing to see if people would support my work.
My weakness is my inability to keep a schedule so people never know when to check

LordJoyde

I have no idea how someone can have the power to finish something they began to write.

Like, how do you just not completely lose interest after the 100k word mark maximum is beyond even the wisest version of me in all the multiverses.

SailusGebel

Lol feels like you may be talking about Legend of Maian or something. Smh the dude makes good stuff but they always end up axed or rushed.
I was talking about Onihime VS, Koimoku, and Rebirth, the lunatic taker.

Olga_Haus

Once I'm done... and it won't be long, my story's very finite and I'm about a quarter of the way through already...

There's two things that're an obvious next step.

One is editing and expanding it into a 'final version' ebook. There'll probably be no point in offering it for sale anywhere, as my weird and nasty work's never gonna attract enough of an audience to make that worthwhile, but it's something I'd like to exist and I'll be able to share it with the couple of folks who'd want it.

The other is starting a sequel, as my book only explores one village in the world it's set in and I'd like to go on a tour of the rest of it. That'd be a lot more freeform. My story tightly follows the 'traditional' three act structure, but I'd just make the sequel up as I went along.
I have no idea how someone can have the power to finish something they began to write.

Like, how do you just not completely lose interest after the 100k word mark maximum is beyond even the wisest version of me in all the multiverses.
I think the only way is to be really excited about your ending. To have a finale that you're really psyched to get to and to show people.

If what excites you about your story is its second act - while everything is up and running - then that interest is really hard to sustain. Because once you've got your story up and running then you've shown people the world you wanted to and... yeah...how could you not lose interest? You've done what you set out to do. You've shown people what your story looks like while it's in full swing.

The only way to get to the end is for that to be what you're hyped to show people.

Last edited:

SerikoLee

Honestly, the greatest fuel to drop a series in my opinion are attackers and trolls that do not help newbies improve just 1 to 3 star what they don't like so yea, I never uploaded cause of what goes on the net so it always takes a friend to help you keep going.

So it's normal to feel like abandoning everything and just move on but it takes true bravely to keep going cause haters will do anything to pull others down.

Blind_Watcher

My general goal is to improve so I do a better job with the next story. Both of my current sets of work have taught me different things, so I just hope I can apply what I learned to make my next project better.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Hahaha, finishing a story you say...

Wait, you serious?

Edit it and make it into an e-book so I can self publish, probably with some illustrations so there's an incentive to buy it beyond having better writing.

Then I procrastinate on making another one.

LordJoyde

Honestly, the greatest fuel to drop a series in my opinion are attackers and trolls that do not help newbies improve just 1 to 3 star what they don't like so yea, I never uploaded cause of what goes on the net so it always takes a friend to help you keep going.

So it's normal to feel like abandoning everything and just move on but it takes true bravely to keep going cause haters will do anything to pull others down.
Meh, I mean, there's that but honestly, you get used to it. We can't all have good taste, as I like to say, so there's always going to be one or two mongoloids that just have to explain in detail about how much they hate your story just for existing.

Thankfully, its never happened to me on ScribbleHub itself, but other sites tend to be a lot less author friendly, especially if you don't tend to conform to whatever is the current trending norm.

For me, its the fact that I usually build characters, not stories themselves. I write because I want to see a certain type of somebody, not because I want them to do anything so unless they naturally get a decently interesting storyline, my interest just tanks. My only option is to crap out as many chapters as I can during the honeymoon period between getting the idea and beginning to publish it, cause otherwise its just a slow trek to the idea dumping site on my discord.

SerikoLee

Meh, I mean, there's that but honestly, you get used to it. We can't all have good taste, as I like to say, so there's always going to be one or two mongoloids that just have to explain in detail about how much they hate your story just for existing.

Thankfully, its never happened to me on ScribbleHub itself, but other sites tend to be a lot less author friendly, especially if you don't tend to conform to whatever is the current trending norm.

For me, its the fact that I usually build characters, not stories themselves. I write because I want to see a certain type of somebody, not because I want them to do anything so unless they naturally get a decently interesting storyline, my interest just tanks. My only option is to crap out as many chapters as I can during the honeymoon period between getting the idea and beginning to publish it, cause otherwise its just a slow trek to the idea dumping site on my discord.
True, I just wanna make stories that will create discussions but I never came on here with the hope of making it big just have fun the take routine breaks when I can.