What is your favorite method to get inspiration or motivation ?

Jemini

My case, I did a serious job of world-building in such a way that it can acomodate an entire multiverse in which multiple different stories take place. From there, I just snag whatever concept seems interesting to me and run it through the filter of the world-building for my multiverse. After that, those two steps are usually enough to formulate a pretty bad-ass story concept.

There really is no overselling the importance and impact of good solid world-building. It takes a lot of effort at first, but after you have it in place it really makes everything else a lot easier. The rest of the story just seems to start weaving itself together on it's own.

JDC_OnPaper

My method for inspiration... well to be honest, I just sit infront of my computer for an hour or so, listening to Sabaton and Eminem, until I get something in my mind, after that I'll write it.

Until I randomly stop when I, don't know maybe I'm just lazy, then listen again to Sabaton and Eminem while reading a few mangas, manhwas, manhua, then I'll write again.

Don't know if that's a method, but hey, it works for me.

EternalSunset0

Play a video game, watch an anime. Read books. Watch a movie.

Basically if something (a scene, a character design, a line of dialogue) catches my attention and makes me feel so excited, it gives me the idea that "I want to do it, too. But maybe I'll tweak it a bit" or "I want that character, too. But I'll make him/her my creation." It's actually stuff like that, accumulated, that got me to start writing.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Imagine that when you are looking for something new to add to their stories they look for or do something from where they can get that moment where you say, this is where my story will follow. Something that you know that they can give new ideas or inspiration to continue.

For example, I think that what has worked the most for me is listening to music, whether it's something pop from the radio, or maybe listening to the soundtrack of a video game on YouTube, or something I listen to on the street and imagine some kind of story. that matches the music. And that's when that moment happens where history writes itself.

As an example of the above, I would put this one here. I love the Ace Combat franchise, and a mark of the series is its music, it probably has the best musicians in video games. The music above is from the last mission of Ace Combar Zero, where the protagonist (the player) faces his ex-best friend in a duel to the death, in music flamenco represents exactly that, two people who know each other perfectly having a duel like a dance in the air between planes.Well, for example, something similar gave me the idea with this music. The protagonist faces someone in a duel, but instead of airplanes, a duel between gunmen, like the old west, but unlike movies where everything is resolved in one shot, the duel really lasts a long time. The two of them have to reload their weapons and they have to shoot a lot and by using covers they both seem to be dancing all over town trying to kill each other.

So what other things give you inspiration for your stories?

Driving on a road, watching a movie, reading other stories to get ideas from or if they just look up at the clouds and come up with something.
Go out every now and again, read a few books, watch a few movies, listen to a few songs... All works as long as it can disturb the mood from tranquility

SenjiQ

step 1) stay off twitter and don't talk to others about your ideas. Your brain rewards you for validation even if you haven't actually done anything, and if you get the reward without the effort then you won't do the effort.
step 2) set a manageable weekly or daily goal (such as 1 page a day or 1 chapter per week).
step 3) have someone whose opinion you care about agree to only read it once you've done most or all of it.

Jaxxson

Showering, sleeping, reading other novels, and reading manga/manhwa/manhua.

Horizon42

Imagine that when you are looking for something new to add to their stories they look for or do something from where they can get that moment where you say, this is where my story will follow. Something that you know that they can give new ideas or inspiration to continue.

For example, I think that what has worked the most for me is listening to music, whether it's something pop from the radio, or maybe listening to the soundtrack of a video game on YouTube, or something I listen to on the street and imagine some kind of story. that matches the music. And that's when that moment happens where history writes itself.

As an example of the above, I would put this one here. I love the Ace Combat franchise, and a mark of the series is its music, it probably has the best musicians in video games. The music above is from the last mission of Ace Combar Zero, where the protagonist (the player) faces his ex-best friend in a duel to the death, in music flamenco represents exactly that, two people who know each other perfectly having a duel like a dance in the air between planes.Well, for example, something similar gave me the idea with this music. The protagonist faces someone in a duel, but instead of airplanes, a duel between gunmen, like the old west, but unlike movies where everything is resolved in one shot, the duel really lasts a long time. The two of them have to reload their weapons and they have to shoot a lot and by using covers they both seem to be dancing all over town trying to kill each other.

Driving on a road, watching a movie, reading other stories to get ideas from or if they just look up at the clouds and come up with something.
Memes on Instagram have been helpful, particularly Dnd memes. Sometimes I use song lyrics, usually old school rap

RayVer

Watch a few episodes of anime and reading a light novel really helps stimulate my ideas helping me get motivated.

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
Me? I try to remember why I write. Why do I write this story? It's because I have the same reason as Isayama, the author of "Attack on Titan". His reason is that he wants the reader to say this after reading it: "That was one good story". That's what I want. I want others to think that my story is a story worth reading. Although I say "My story", it isn't mine alone. It was originally me and my brother, but he gave it to me alone when he got older. So, I wanted to share what me and my brother loved to think of when we were kids.

LinMeili

Coffee. No joke, if I drink something highly caffeinated like coffee or soda, my brain starts working faster.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
My inspirations come from:

• Books and movies. Maybe I want to rewrite the ending, or explore the setting in different ways. Bam, make my own characters and plots to fit
  • Dreams. I have very plot-intensive ones, so they're always neat to use
  • Art. Some people just draw really inspirational scenes that are begging for a novel adaptation. Some people have pictures that tell 1,000 words.

I'd say most of my inspirations are visual in some way.

D

Deleted member 45782

My inspirations come from:

• Books and movies. Maybe I want to rewrite the ending, or explore the setting in different ways. Bam, make my own characters and plots to fit
  • Dreams. I have very plot-intensive ones, so they're always neat to use
  • Art. Some people just draw really inspirational scenes that are begging for a novel adaptation. Some people have pictures that tell 1,000 words.

I'd say most of my inspirations are visual in some way.
Dreams hell yeah. + Music too. Looking at beautiful aesthetic art too. Sometimes it feels so wack and weird. Makes good stories after some modifications. Zom zom :blob_blank:

D

Deleted member 29316

Whenever I'm feeling exhausted, or if I'm feeling I'd had enough of writing for a while, I'd put down my pen or keyboard and do other things I love like drawing, painting or gaming.

It's like giving your brain--soaked and tired in coming up with interesting stuff--a rest and restart it needs.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Sleep. Honestly, all of Ai-chan's stories are just degraded versions of Ai-chan's dreams. In other words, Ai-chan is a scam. Ai-chan reused the stories Ai-chan experienced in dreams and rewrites it for this world, plugging the holes in Ai-chan's memories with Ai-chan's creativity.

D

Deleted member 45782

Sleep. Honestly, all of Ai-chan's stories are just degraded versions of Ai-chan's dreams. In other words, Ai-chan is a scam. Ai-chan reused the stories Ai-chan experienced in dreams and rewrites it for this world, plugging the holes in Ai-chan's memories with Ai-chan's creativity.
Actually...similar too. Lot of interesting dreams can twisted into dark stories or have some modifications to make it less weird and flow more plot-like.