What is your Gem of a novel on this site ?

CommonSense

For me, it's Azarinth healer

The characters are well written, engaging plot, great world building, balanced amount of of story-exposition.
IMHO, this novel is the most 'western novel' story like in this site. Most other story feels like either written as LN or xianxia novels.
Sadly, it's not updated in scribblehub anymore, but on royalroad.

Jemini

Easily the hands-down best I've read on the site is this one.

This is coming from someone who's already been recommended by someone else earlier in this thread, this little gem puts my own series to shame and I'm not afraid to admit it. (In fact, it's inspired me to start editing my entire series from the beginning. I definitely feel the praise I get is undeserved after reading this.)

Polarize4777

I read a good part of He who fight against monster, and also Azarinth healer and I love how her character develop with some spunk and hard kick ass mood lol. The other books by bokuboy are also a great read to pass time and pretty entertaining. I am currently just jumping from novel to novels and have jump so many genre that if my parents were to find out what I read, I am afraid I might have a long ass talk about my sexuality lol.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Edit: except in my new novel where MC doesn't have legs. That's an exception. This is not a plug...or is it? :blob_whistle_two:
Of course it is~ *giggles*
Self promotion is SHAMELESS! People should have some standards. Especially those who put promotional logos of their novel in their signatures while pretending they have some sort of standard, smh
Shameful, the lot of them. Every type of signature promotion is just worth a disdainful shake of the head, nothing more. :blob_catflip:
*Disdainfully shakes head at self*
i agree, they so shameful of themselves. sigh!
Shamelys comrades unite! \(^^)/
Love how this went from a what book on this site did you consider a gem into a self promotion on your own books hahaha.

D

Deleted member 19049

Generis talking about all the isekai/ gamer system type of stories. Hey, people write em because they're popular. Even the most poorly written ones are popular, but I digress ;)

SASHA is one of those hidden gems on Scribble Hub that's not about either isekai or gaming ^_^

You do digress, because being popular has nothing to do with it. I'd rather be unpopular than write a terrible story. :3

D

Deleted member 19049

I feel you there with the power fantasies and a story not having an ending planed out lol, but i will respect that not everyone like to sit down and thoroughly think about a novel when they are still new to the craft and therefore just wish to write a story for themselves. That is also why i shift through a lot of new stories looking for ones that have potentials and just wait it out till they have decent amount of chapters. Message me when you do write your story lol, I will check it out and give you my thoughts if you would like that. I have also planned to write a story of my own, but have been brainstorming for ideas and building my world with some form of concrete rules that anchor everyone that exist in that world. It will probably involve magic and science since both of those are a great combination together, it will just be a pain in the ass to do all the researching and keeping tracks of everything that is moving. Also have to take some time to think of a good ending or end goal of the story.

Yeah, I get you. Someone should improve over time if they write.
I don't know when I'm going to be ready to post an original story, but if I remember this thread then I'll send you a link. :P It could be next week, it could be at the end of the year.
Rules are everything. As you say, it can take effort to really remember everything. When planning a new scene you have to take absolutely everything into account. Does this new thing break something? If so, can it actually be explained or do I have to alter this new scene? The benefit of planning something out thoroughly is that, if a new scene breaks old rules, you can just change the old rules. Once you start posting the story it's going to be difficult to go back and change things.

Polarize4777

serial transmigrator
scp gacha system
will check it out!! Thanks for participating lol, I thought my thread was dead. I mean it is dead now I think, but I came back to check for any update and we got some update. XD

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
I have look through a lot of novels on this site, and some are definitely gem quality in term of writing and narrative. The only sad thing about novels written by strangers on this site is that they either go on long enough to become boring or just lost focus or they are short but have great potentials and suddenly stop when it was just getting good. I am using this thread to help me find what people are reading and maybe give it a try if it is up my alley. Scribble hub is also populated with a lot of GB novels and I don't mind those as long as they have a fun plot with an engaging narrative. Isekai is also up my alley as long as it is not just pure wish fulfillment and actually have some depth in term of world building. Have fun sharing your gems, and maybe meet new friends or old acquaintances as you share what you consider a great read on this site or maybe other site if you wish to share. Have a great day or night to those who participate and may we all come out with something new to read!!!

Edit: share it if it was enjoyable and you had a blast or pleasure from reading it and anticipating an update everyday. As for quality lol, I will judge that myself when I go check out what you have share and that will be kept to myself since I don't want to just tell those who enjoy it that it was not my cup of tea.

Most of the authors who write here on Scribble Hub are fans of the Asian light novel writing style which encourages pure wish-fulfillment and over the top Mary Sue characters. Most of these kinds of stories follow a very formulaic pattern of weak guy gets stronger by fighting a stronger guy over and over again. I would say if you are looking for a story with a definite beginning, middle and an end, avoid the serialized ongoing web novels and just search through the completed novels. I think it's better to look for a story that suits your taste than rely on recommendations from authors pimping their own stories. Or authors who create alt accounts to pimp their story.

Polarize4777

Most of the authors who write here on Scribble Hub are fans of the Asian light novel writing style which encourages pure wish-fulfillment and over the top Mary Sue characters. Most of these kinds of stories follow a very formulaic pattern of weak guy gets stronger by fighting a stronger guy over and over again. I would say if you are looking for a story with a definite beginning, middle and an end, avoid the serialized ongoing web novels and just search through the completed novels. I think it's better to look for a story that suits your taste than rely on recommendations from authors pimping their own stories. Or authors who create alt accounts to pimp their story.
LOL I would never thought This threadd was alive, but yeah you got me there, I have return to reading published books to improve my own style and learn a thing or two.

Oneeye

Try it of you like youjo senki. First time reading because of the cover, MC has scar under her left eye which is shaped like a barcode :sneaky:

Sloth-of-Bangkok

Thanks for stopping by and giving a recommendation :D

I will ship mine. Seriously need more readers. I still need to rework chapter in 23-50 range, but I think the plot would satisfy your really well.

AkalE

Try Rellawing's Super Luminal....
It's not in the same vein as most stories on the site. It's a superhero story.
I'm gonna tag her and let her do the advertising. She's got a couple of other stories as well...

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
One of my favorites is Isekai Ran. That one actually is gonna get published professionally and Sunrhae even plans an anime adaptation. She also did a kickstarter which was successful.
Apart from that it is an interesting read with good characters and nice worldbuilding.

By the way: I think that there is nothing wrong with promoting your novels in the signature. After all, if you spend hours to write a novel, it is just naturally that you want as many people as possible to read it. As long as threads don´t get derailed too much, it is fine.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
One of my favorites is Isekai Ran. That one actually is gonna get published professionally and Sunrhae even plans an anime adaptation. She also did a kickstarter which was successful.
Apart from that it is an interesting read with good characters and nice worldbuilding.

By the way: I think that there is nothing wrong with promoting your novels in the signature. After all, if you spend hours to write a novel, it is just naturally that you want as many people as possible to read it. As long as threads don´t get derailed too much, it is fine.

You signature. :blob_hmm_two: I see kai what you did.