What is your opinion on edgy humor for those who dont know here is a urban dictionary

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
It's all fun and fireworks, just like 9/11 was
M E N

It's all men's fault there's dark humor. Quick! We should silence all men to stop dark humor! Pretty sure women doesn't have dark humor as well.
Yes, men are the root of all evil and must be gassed

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
For those of you who don't know edgy humor here is urban dictionary's definitions

Humor that is made up of intentionally offensive ironic jokes that are told/posted for the shock value and/or the facetiousness of the subject. Used mostly by teenagers on reddit or 4chan. Not usually intended to be taken literally.
9/11 jokes are a good example of edgy humor.

An excuse men make when they get called out for being offensive or just plain out disrespectful towards any race, religion, gender, etc.
I am actually really racist, sexist and anti-any-other-religion, so it's based but they should actually mean it
M E N

It's all men's fault there's dark humor. Quick! We should silence all men to stop dark humor! Pretty sure women doesn't have dark humor as well.
99% of women can't make jokes and are Lily Singh tier of cringe

MorgueAnna

Edginess for edginess' sake tends to fall flat because it's usually an immature attempt at attention by people who don't understand how humor works. For it to be humorous it should be making an observation with an element of surprise. Unfortunately people propagating "Edgy humor" create a sort of specialized [url:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Thought-terminating_cliché']thought-terminating cliché.[/url] There isn't a great way to "yes, and" that. The one saying the "joke" is trying to get a rise out of someone more than telling a joke. Comedy is a difficult art to master.
Making a truthful observation with a twist that makes the "audience" pause and have a moment of epiphany while feeling mildly uncomfortable is a standard recipe for a joke. But that sort of self-aware understanding generally bumps it up to gallows humor or black humor.

Take these as examples, which I think are rather good and only a little dark (to me, anyway. Someone else might feel differently.)
"I had lots of dogs when I was growing up. Our family went through them a bit. We lived on a busy road."
"I saw a flyer for a lost dog, but the dog didn't have any legs."

I am often asked by nurses if I'm a standup comedian because whenever I'm in the hospital, inevitably my filter drops and the gallows humor comes out. Medical staff sometimes rely on dark humor to cope with the struggles of their jobs, as I expect anyone going through struggles might. Of course, context is important as well.
Both myself and my spouse are disabled in different ways. Our skills and abilities compliment each other, so we are able to compensate for each other's difficulties. A simple way to explain this is "My spouse and I together make approximately one functional human adult." I've said this and had people act horrified that I'd deprecate myself in that way, and perhaps if someone else had said it, it would have been negative. For me it's a rather objective observation, it hardly feels dark or deprecating.

If someone is just punching down or being a bigot, they're not being edgy, they're just too cowardly to accept the consequences of their actions/free speech. It's a pathetic shield and extremely transparent.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Edgelords are funny. Their 'jokes'... yeah if I'm also in edgelord mode that moment otherwise no.
And as a woman, I show my sense of humour by letting people live. If I had none, there'd be a higher BC than Arnie's in Red Sonia.

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
I am actually really racist, sexist and anti-any-other-religion, so it's based but they should actually mean it

99% of women can't make jokes and are Lily Singh tier of cringe
Lmao ooo your hilarious