What is your typing speed?

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
What is your typing speed? In Words Per Minute.

On average mine is about 60 to 65 WPM, but at peak, it's about 72.

If you don't know yours, you can take a quick test using this link: Advanced Typing Test English - 10FastFingers.com
Mine is 94 wpm on average, and 105 wpm every other time I type. Of of course, this is only on a computer, and on a phone my fingers' speed is about 80 wpm.

Napelynn

What is your typing speed? In Words Per Minute.

On average mine is about 60 to 65 WPM, but at peak, it's about 72.

If you don't know yours, you can take a quick test using this link: Advanced Typing Test English - 10FastFingers.com
The test says my average speed is 67 wpm
Mine is 94 wpm on average, and 105 wpm every other time I type. Of of course, this is only on a computer, and on a phone my fingers' speed is about 80 wpm.
Fast...

CadmarLegend

Insane speed.
Not really. Just practice. Of course, you need to be able to touch-type and not be poking every key while looking at the keyboard. For example, when I started out, my typing was only at about 20 wpm at its highest. I also looked at where my fingers went, but after practicing for a year, muscle memory kicked in.

Wow, I guess I am actually kinda slow for a writer looking at this landscape here. Here I felt good with my 50 WPM typing speed with the test telling me that I was in the top 80% of those who take these tests.
It's still pretty good. The only reason for having a fast ability to type accurately is if you are working at a job like those people that type everything the people in court say and stuff, a secretary, or just wanting bragging rights. Having a 50 wpm status is pretty good for day-to-day life.

CadmarLegend

Just pushed my average up to 68 wpm. At this rate I'll reach Cadmar levels of speed within the day.
Like this? I will type a thing in a few seconds.
pizazz
piazzas
pizzas
suburban
assuming
obstinance
foramens

I even added the spaces.

Napelynn

Like this? I will type a thing in a few seconds.
pizazz
piazzas
pizzas
suburban
assuming
obstinance
foramens

I even added the spaces.
I tried typing that too just now, and I'm convinced that the reason why I'm stuck below 70 wpm is because I make 15 typos every time I press a key... I made at least 10 typos just typing this...

CadmarLegend

Yeah, but I wasn't only referring to words like pizazz, I made a typo trying to type typo, every, time, and probably more that I don't remember...
Are you looking at the keys while typing? That can throw you off, since your fingers are moving faster than your eyes can send the movements to your brain.

LotsChrono

Not really. Just practice. Of course, you need to be able to touch-type and not be poking every key while looking at the keyboard. For example, when I started out, my typing was only at about 20 wpm at its highest. I also looked at where my fingers went, but after practicing for a year, muscle memory kicked in.

It's still pretty good. The only reason for having a fast ability to type accurately is if you are working at a job like those people that type everything the people in court say and stuff, a secretary, or just wanting bragging rights. Having a 50 wpm status is pretty good for day-to-day life.
Naturally. I've oddly taken a typing class while I was in high school. But the teacher's main teaching strategy was "Just type more" which made the class useless, like "Oh really? Why didn't I think of that?"

Anyway, yeah, I do practice touch typing and the like from time to time. Though I only recently just started doing so because I became interested in typing again.

CadmarLegend

Naturally. I've oddly taken a typing class while I was in high school. But the teacher's main teaching strategy was "Just type more" which made the class useless, like "Oh really? Why didn't I think of that?"

Anyway, yeah, I do practice touch typing and the like from time to time. Though I only recently just started doing so because I became interested in typing again.
Great!