What Isekai-type MC you hated the most?

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I wanna hear your opinion about that. Just curious. I am neutral about him, but some people hate him, and some people like him. It makes me curious
Because him being beta has everything to do with all the f*** up stuff he went through growing up. True, it was negligence by his dad that made him a bit of a recluse but then he actually gets to meet his dad and, surprise surprise, his dad could care less about his existence. If not for his obsession with his wife, he'd leave Shinji to rot. Also, his relationship with females is also something I understand. Asuka hates his lack of backbone but uses him anyway for her own amusement. Rei likes him for very complicated reasons (insert crazy Gendo Ikari experiments). Misato, first and foremost, is a soldier so his feelings take a back seat to the directives of the mission.

Him being beta makes sense. He's not a beta just coz it fits the story. He's the way he is because of circumstances. FYI, just because I accept him being beta doesn't mean I like him. Asuka's my favorite in Eva.

aattss

The MCs that annoy me the most are the ones who use edginess and apathy to look down on others.

LostinMovement

The only MCs I have actually liked in an Isekai setting are Ainz Ooal Gown from Overlord (the novels), Kumuko from Kumo desu ga, nani ka? and Vandalieu from Death Mage. The slime guy, Rimuru, is meh to me personally.

Overall, I think we need more female MC in Isekai works with slightly different, less generic tropes. I would love to see a dystopian apocalyptic Isekai that deals with actual ethical and socioeconomic issues. There are so many amazing things you can do with the Isekai trope but nope, let me insert beta MC number trillion with the obligatory harem and your mandatory sprinkle of Ecchi that borders on sexual assault.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I'm mostly tired of ecchi isekai

Most other kinds I'm happy with

CL

Has there ever been an elderly MC summoned to be the hero(ine)? I'd like to see/read about a grandma who'd been tasked to defeat the Demonlord and goes out to spank the "spoiled rotten" brat until he apologizes for causing a ruckus. Maybe in the downtime, instead of training or grinding, she'd bake some warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies to inspire the traveling party? It would be a twist if the caring old teacher, not the variety of young students full of potential (cliches), who'd been summoned to the fantasy world. Just something I'd love to see happen. :blob_cookie:

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
I generally hate the ones with no personality. Like, if I could understand them and why their beliefs conflict with mine so badly, it would be fine, but then people make them literal freaking cardboard cutouts with no personality who gets dragged along only because they're the main character, and they're supposedly, "special."
Aka most harems.

CautiousTitan

Tentacle, Merchant, and Telekinesis Expert
Lmao. Too easy. Ever heard of The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar? That's top tier trash.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Honestly I'm fine with all types of MC
the ones I hate the most are the ones that murder millions yet claim to be justice.
Like no I'm fine with the murder, just as long as they accept the actions as their own
It was one thing if the author planned for the MC to face the reality of their choices later but no, usually the MC is correct and he truly is justice
Those people that were killed? All guilty, even the ones that had nothing to do with his revenge were at fault, it was their fault for being born
Really irks me

Epsil

The ones where they get a lot of skills via a god like ability and like never use them at all, Like why do you even give them those skills in the first place????????
[I hate SKILL CLUTTER]

Ram5

The ones where they get a lot of skills via a god like ability and like never use them at all, Like why do you even give them those skills in the first place????????
[I hate SKILL CLUTTER]
Because everything must belong to our dear MC, their house, wife, shoes, pets... hell, even their personality also...