Writing What kind of cover make you click.

OneSixSeven

Advocate of Headpatting and Handholding
?

How could you judge a book then without reading it? It is quite impractical to read each and every book out here especially when you have limited amount of time.

I also read stories here that have bad covers with bad content.

That is what all are looking for, a decent story. Just that, there is no practical way to find those decent stories. So, why not just check out first those that looks interesting? I mean, you could choose to click only those that don't have a cover but that is not a guarantee that the story would be any good. Not to mention, the cover the doesn't say anything about the story. So really, what is the problem with clicking those that have interesting covers?

Nothing at all. It reminds me of clickbait lol.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
But why would anyone want click a story with cover when what it mattered is contents of the story itself?

Some stories I read before discovering ScribbleHub have good cover but bad content because of a script like dialogue, no spacing like one huge wall of text and unreadable.

By script-like dialogue, I mean like this:

Character A : -loads gun at Character B- Your sick face, I wonder what can I do with shooting with my gun?

- -

It could have been okay if it's like a chat log of an app in the story itself but I have preferences too.

I would rather see a decent story with no cover than a bad story with a good cover.
Well, I don't have the time to read the synopsis of every story in Scribbly, so I need some filters.

The first filter is the cover, the second is the title. If I dislike either of them, I don't bother with checking the story's synopsis.

That's all there is to it, a filter~

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i like covers that are purposely left vague and confusing. i'm not talking about some cover with a lady on the front or some buff dude holding a triple-stacked bicep and a triple-bladed sword. i'm talking about covers that are unconventional, like simply words, or just silhouettes, or a meaningless display of an item at the bottom corner of the cover. i always take my time to read those stories and try to make a connection with the cover and whenever I do, it's pretty fucken satisfying.

though it's pretty risky, considering the visual determination between an unconventional cover and a lazy cover is a god damn lottery