What kind of protagonist would you prefer and why?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Also, I have a major problem with stories in which a woman tells a man no, he keeps going after her, and he eventually wins her over. It sends the wrong messages about consent. If a woman says no, leave her alone and go after someone else! This is why my protagonist says yes from the start. She knows what she wants, and she doesn't need to be manipulated into sleeping with someone.
I totally get where you're coming from! I generally don't like those much too!

... That said, the best relationship I ever got into was with a guy that I said no to, and that kept pursuing me until he won me over... And honestly, if he hadn't broken up with me, I'm pretty sure I'd still be dating him even now, and it's been two years already.

So uhn... I understand the whole "no means no" message, which makes a lot of sense... But my own personal experience says that No can sometimes turn into a yes and that is not a bad thing.

K5Rakitan

Level 31 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
So uhn... I understand the whole "no means no" message, which makes a lot of sense... But my own personal experience says that No can sometimes turn into a yes and that is not a bad thing.
It depends on how the "no" is presented too. If it's presented as more of a maybe, in the, "I'm not interested right now," kind of sense, I can see it. To me, that means it's OK to try harder. We need to pay close attention to our language and clarify when necessary.

My husband and I were friends with benefits for many years before we got married, so he was the one saying no to a romantic relationship, but so much changed after he moved in with me and met my other lover and got in touch with his feelings 💍

HokuouTenrou

What kind? I'm a simple guy, so I like "hot-blooded yet smart heroes" like Maito Senpuuji and Gai Shishioh (both from different Brave series). Or straight-out saint-hearted strongmen, ala good ol Kenshiro and Jonathan.

Why? I guess I'm just tired with all the cynicism. I tend to dislike the "overly virtuous paragon knight"-types too, but I don't wanna be extreme and write a despicable fellow as the hero, just because the villain is somehow even worse.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
It depends on how the "no" is presented too. If it's presented as more of a maybe, in the, "I'm not interested right now," kind of sense, I can see it. To me, that means it's OK to try harder. We need to pay close attention to our language and clarify when necessary.

My husband and I were friends with benefits for many years before we got married, so he was the one saying no to a romantic relationship, but so much changed after he moved in with me and met my other lover and got in touch with his feelings 💍
Aaaaaaaaye! That makes plenty of sense!

I was mostly scared of getting into a new relationship back in the day, but I wasn't particularly against dating the guy flirting with me, I was just afraid of a new relationship as a whole.

He noticed that and pursued me to great success~ <3

... It's a lot different than when you say no to someone because you want to get rid of them, yet they keep pursuing you... Those are creeps.

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
I like something relatable. Something that is normal yet they have extraordinary motives and activities when it comes to plot and self-driven character. For example, Subaru, Kazuma, and Darling-kun.

thenewguy

If, the mc is a noob, i wish to see the mc learning, really fast, and have a huge endurance, and can hold it quite long.

As for why, it's cuz i read ero novel. Its not funny if the mc is down after a miniscule action. It's like watching a hentai gif instead of a video one.