What kind of stories can be made with this sentence : "a positive misunderstand was resolved with a negative reality"

ACertainPassingUser

After watching OST called Misunderstanding Resolved I once found a comment that said :
"That doesn't sound resolved at all"

Then someone answered "Ironically, it's because the title means that a positive misunderstanding was resolved with a negative reality"

Can you imagine in what scenario in a story would positive misunderstanding would be resolved by a negative reality in your stories ?

What kind of situation would you picture ? what kind of conversation they had, and what led to the conversation in first place ?

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I point my finger at a random place.
It points to a supermarket out of the window.
I think of what could be used with a supermarket...
Story ready:
I am sure people would have a positive misunderstanding about suoermarkets when they first appeared: they would make life better and easier.
Before you had to go to a dozen shops where you bought local-sourced products. You go to the butcher's for meat, to another shop for greens and all that.
Now everything is gathered in the same place, and for cheaper too. Surely that will be good thing, right? Right?
Now it came to the point where local businesses for the most part have to be integrated into the system or die out, your illusion of choice is only that, workers suffer poor conditions etc.

I point my finger at random place again. It points at a car. You get the idea.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I point my finger at a random place.
It points to a supermarket out of the window.
I think of what could be used with a supermarket...
You point at a random place and the random place decides to point at a restaurant?

That's some spooky non-Euclidean shit, right there.

Tsuru

Company employees party

"My first car....huh?"
"Judging from your smile it must have been a good one right ?"
"Not really. Just a good bargain, that is all"

(Self-depreciating smile) Think : [Its because i bought a cheap car, that made me lose my whole family in a car accident and now everyday i live with the guilt that i am the murderer of the only people that could give me warmth] (orphan/no friends/antisocial)

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
You point at a random place and the random place decides to point at a restaurant?

That's some spooky non-Euclidean shit, right there.
what? Having inanimate objects come alive when you point at them during a music sequence is not normal? Strange, according to the Disney movies, it should be fairly commonplace on Earth...

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
After watching OST called Misunderstanding Resolved I once found a comment that said :
"That doesn't sound resolved at all"

Then someone answered "Ironically, it's because the title means that a positive misunderstanding was resolved with a negative reality"

Can you imagine in what scenario in a story would positive misunderstanding would be resolved by a negative reality in your stories ?

What kind of situation would you picture ? what kind of conversation they had, and what led to the conversation in first place ?
Watch voiceovers for Danganronpa V3. The anime/game is literally the epitome of of a positive understanding resolved by a negative reality.

And for a potential scenario like that: a positive misunderstanding that is currently taking place is that the Magical Guardians of the story currently believe that the MC is not a Torment, their ultimate enemy and a thing loathed by all Magical life in existence. They'll run into shenanigans with dealing with these strange "false alarms" and forge a great friendship as a result of these lies, and because I can't have that in my story, it's "resolved" by them finding out and trying to kill the MC.

Ssthat

Boo Tao Main
tf does that even mean, my power fantasy writing self can't comprehend it