What languages can you speak?

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
I was talking online with someone and they said they could speak seven languages. :eek: I thought that was rather fascinating, and possibly confusing in the head sometimes. So I thought I'd ask how many languages people on Scribbly can speak.

I can speak/write fluently in two languages: English and Spanish.

I'm hoping to learn a third via osmosis method of just hearing it in everyday life.... Maori.

Last edited:

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
O.o native tongue is American English(barely passable), and know some Swedish, though not enough to hold a conversation.

Lonelycity

Drama Gossip Queen
Speak/write 5 of them fluently. Can only understand another one. Currently am thinking of learning German.
5 languages like ddraig... the place we come from, you are bound to learn at least 4. Now it’s 6

English (read /speak)
Hindi (same as above )
Bengali (speak only )
Odia (understand/ speak somewhat)
Sanskrit(write only)
Spanish(speak somewhat to survive)

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
English (main language)
Thai (born there so learned a bit)
Japanese (learning it now better at speaking than reading and writing lol)
French (since Canada makes it compulsory to learn)
My uncle's are trying to teach me Mandarin but I'm making slow progress there

Syr456

Just going to say, people that can speak multiple languages are just pure win.
Living in the southern US, I considered picking up Spanish, but I may take on the challenge to try on a language from the east such as Japanese. (Also, because living here is not realistically beneficial.)
-I was once recommended toward a few others: French, Italian, and Portuguese. [But the problem is usability xD] And why Italian? (A few years back, I considered pushing to be stationed here, when I was active duty.)

Last edited:

Miserys_End

Just going to say, people that can speak multiple languages are just pure win.
Living in the southern US, I considered picking up Spanish, but I may take on the challenge to try on a language from the east such as Japanese. (Also, because living here is not realistically beneficial.)
-I was once recommended toward a few others: French, Italian, and Portuguese. [But the problem is usability xD] And why Italian? (A few years back, I considered pushing to be stationed here, when I was active duty.)
Welcome to the forums!

Anyway I could understand wanting to leave the southern states, might look into Australia(if you can stand the critters) or one of the smaller Asian countries if you wanted the same climate.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Welcome to the forums!

Anyway I could understand wanting to leave the southern states, might look into Australia(if you can stand the critters) or one of the smaller Asian countries if you wanted the same climate.

New Zealand is the best place to live. \o/

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
hmm
English (read/speak)
Filipino (read/speak)
Japanese (speak)

Stormie

[Kite-Flying On A Boat ⛵]
Does local dialect counts? If not, I only know English and Filipino '-'
I guess a bit of buried Mandarin knowledge somewhere...

Miserys_End

Umm...I don't think so, but they are thorough. If you have certain skills they are always keen to get people here.
Lmao! I'm not sure the skill set I have would be all that appropriate to share in that regard...

Atm the only one I would share is uber driver and doubt there is much need of a taxi service.

Miserys_End

One, deafness + autism doenst really help with speaking languages. Even with hearing aid it is still hard to listen to conversations in other languages.
While I know it would be more difficult without the verbal cues, does writen foreign languages also give you trouble? Also have you had any luck reading lips? I've worked with many individuals with disabilities in the past so I'm actually kind of curious to hear what all you've experienced and tried.

On a side note, if any of this is to personal or upsetting, feel free to tell me to leave it be.