What languages can you speak?

Lukha

mother of all ships
Fluently, I can speak two. For basic knowledge, I could probably survive in South Korea or Japan with the basic vocabulary I have. Learning Spanish a little bit at a time right now as well. So... maybe five?

OddJamm

~Sweet Preservatives~
English (Can read and write)
Mandarin (Can speak and understand)
Fujianese (Can understand and speak curse words)
French (Currently learning)
Korean (Only know a few sayings thanks to kpop)
Japanese (Few sayings learned from anime)
Thai (I only know hello lol)
Spanish (Hello?)
Italian (Ciao, right??? lol)
So technically know 9 :blob_evil:
(PS I know nothing. I really only know 3 lol)

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
English somehow enough for ppl to understand me.

Russian as a native one.

Not alot.

Mack_Frantz

Hm. I actually speak Greek and English fluently (and write, as well) and also like a little bit of German, just because I've been to Germany and therefore I had to learn at least a couple to make my life easier xD (Like wasser, Danke, Bitte, Guttentag, nacht, and so on).

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
Myanmar (Speaking only) - born and raised in Myanmar ; talk in myanmar at home since young

English (speaking, writingand reading) - learnt it after moving to Singapore before my primary school starts and continue learning in school

Chinese (listening) - learnt it like since primary school but I stopped learning chinese

Llamadragon

Swedish as main, get a lot of norweighan, danish a little bit of icelandic from there bc they’re similar. Learning old Norse, then I’m going for German because for whatever reason, so many things i want to do is in germany. Otherwise, just english.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
German (Main language)
Vietnamese (only speaking)
English (writing ok, speaking meh/nobody understands my pronunciation)
Russian (6 years school and only the ability to read and write remains, no vocabs)

Well, I also learned French for two years, but only “je ne said pas” remained :blob_sweat:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
In the order of fluency:

English (main)
Chinese (illiterate and bad accent)
Spanish (4+ years in high school)
Esperanto (Komencanto)
Japanese ("a little")
Taiwanese ("a little")
German (mostly from WWII and holocaust related books as well as some random cuss words (so not really))
Korean (food items and random words that translators don't really like translating(so not really))

What most people would probably consider knowing the language: 2~4

Farok

My native language (French), English when I write, and some words or phrases in other.

sage61

Just 2. My national language and English. I can probably converse a little in Chinese, know a few phrases of Japanese and Korean (thanks to Taiwanese drama, anime and kpop).

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Three Languages over here:
Korean
Japanese
English
Fluent in all three, though on different levels. Don't expect me to have complex conversations about human anatomy in Japanese.

NCkahn

Speak & write: Malay, Indonesia, English
Speak only: Japanese, Korea

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Only english as mother tongue. I can count a little tiny bit in japanese and maybe cobble together a small few basic greetings and, like, introductions and stuff just as osmosis from watching subbed anime.

I'd love to learn JP at least at a level where it wouldnt be a problem to visit japan. Also would pick up german and gaelic if i could.

Just going to say, people that can speak multiple languages are just pure win.
Living in the southern US, I considered picking up Spanish, but I may take on the challenge to try on a language from the east such as Japanese. (Also, because living here is not realistically beneficial.)
-I was once recommended toward a few others: French, Italian, and Portuguese. [But the problem is usability xD] And why Italian? (A few years back, I considered pushing to be stationed here, when I was active duty.)
Australia's great place to live and if you have the skills, you could probably migrate relatively easily.

New Zealand is the best place to live. \o/
Especially if you're over-affectionate with sheep :blobrofl::blob_sir:

Andro

My native language is Hungarian. And I can speak/read/write English too very well. And I know a little bit Japanese too.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Standard fare for ABCs: atrophied Mandarin Chinese + native-level English

LWFlouisa

English, some French, learning Japanese.

Working on a Japanese-French creole language as well called Hafestra.

At the current stage, it's more like a Romance language in its own right.