What makes you want to comment?

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I got into one before in the main site. Not my story, but with the Author of a book I happen to criticise.

I was criticizing his story for poor editing and plot and some other commenters agreed with me. Then, I told them not to bother saying anything anymore since the author hardly replies or even like a comment in all his comments, after many months. That is even when we all are criticizing his story for the same thing.

Well... the moment I said that he finally replies and defend himself as to why he never says anything and all and that I shouldn't assume first. I decide to just keep quiet rather than trying to start an argument in ScribbleHub. I simply learn (this was before I started writing) from this incident that I have to try my best to reply or at least acknowledge as many commenters as possible. I believe some readers do want interaction as it's common nowadays to do that. But you do you I guess.

Though... @WakerOfWinds are you a masochist or something? :blob_shock:
Maybe should just go and make one somewhere...
I do not enjoy pain. The argument, the fire of battle in fact gives me strength...

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Seems you asking for some pain if you want some drama in the comment section though :blob_cookie:
I have had "discussions" with multiple people who told me that my parents brainwashed me from birth to follow a false religion and that we're all going to hell.

No argument can scare me in comparison.

D

Deleted member 29316

But as an author... that can get a bit annoying if you have a large amount of active readers... not me.
Well, depends on the author. I, for one, would love to interact with my readers.

But well, they are silent, so...

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
I try to comment as much as possible, but sometimes I'm too tired or I really can't think of anything to say.

I tend to hold back from commenting on older chapters, since it feels like I'd be bothering the author with comments they no longer care about.

I also gauge how friendly the author seems. If it feels like they'll lash out at you for a mistake or two, there's a higher chance that I'll keep quiet to avoid trouble.

As for things that make it easier to comment on a chapter... I find that comedic scenes, fluffy romance moments, tamer fanservice, infuriating enemies, and such things, are the type of occurences that it's easiest to leave a comment about.

Well, depends on the author. I, for one, would love to interact with my readers.

But well, they are silent, so...
That's pretty much webnovels I'm starting to understand. lol

Reisinling

After I got to the point where people actually comment on my chapters reliably, it got pretty obvious that people like it when you answer to their questions/posts. And I get it, I like it when people respond to my comments as well. Also, there seems to be a small group of users that comments a lot, and then others join in if they have something to add, sometimes becoming frequent commenters themselves, so yeah, replying to comments is good.

D

Deleted member 45782

One of the best sayings I've ever heard....
We must save this quote. Suggest a thread with us just saving and sharing all kinds of quotes.
Good ones, heroic ones, sad ones, slice of life ones, etc.
(Probably already exists thu idk. :P)