What motivates your favorite villain?

What motivates your favorite villain?

• Nihilism- "the world hurts and I want everything to end"

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Chaos- hordes of unthinking and ravenous beasts/aliens/zombies/abominations are attacking

• Greed- "I am a villain because it's fun/lucrative/delicious/I was bored"

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Savior Complex- "People won't ever stop fighting until I am their god."

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Revenge- "You hurt me in the past, and I will make you and everything you hold dear suffer for it."

• Thinking Monster- "People are merely my food/source of power and I am indifferent to their pain"

• Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds- "Me being alive will destroy the world even though I don't want to."

• Total voters

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I tend to like nihilist or reluctant destroyer villains myself.
Chaos but it’s humans. Humans are stupid and will fuck things up if there isn’t a strict hierarchy and order. Their freedom will only add to the destructive entropy.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Kind of a mix between savior complex and revenge for mine.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Greed. The most fun villains do villainy as their hobby. Love what you do and you needn't work a moment.

Just think about it. Who is more likeable and has more fun? A saturday morning villain, a tragic villain or the angery evilz?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Greed. The most fun villains do villainy as their hobby. Love what you do and you needn't work a moment.

Just think about it. Who is more likeable and has more fun? A saturday morning villain, a tragic villain or the angery evilz?
Noooo BUTINS A MAD MAN WHO WANTS TO BLOW THE WORLD TO BITSTTSTSTSS NOOOO! MY DONINO THEORY AHHHHHHH! WE ARE GONNA DIE

Western42

....I may be Insane....
Chaos but it’s humans. Humans are stupid and will fuck things up if there isn’t a strict hierarchy and order. Their freedom will only add to the destructive entropy.
And that, I disagree. Anything that is even remotely as smart as humans and want peace will always be like humans, no matter what.

Mephi

I like greed, simply because I prefer villains I can identify as having human drives

EternalSunset0

I designed my main villain with a savior/messiah complex because I like those intentions.

So that one.

Templary

was the only one who chose a monster, did you think... I think that everyone has the ability to be a monster, but they don't do it because other things, whether moral or ethical, and even ignorance stops them

Wysillesthal

Not sure which option but the guy as my avatar is the only villain I like despite analogous motivation to different villains, and it's pretty simple; giving the God a middle finger because he doesn't like how he runs things and wants to prove his existence. He ordered his creations to rebel against the world while he executes a plan to destroy it.

He's an evil genius and subconsciously knew about himself being a clone, then instinctively created a lookalike to complete himself, and short story from a noncombatant researcher to the strongest of all after the trilogy events. He has partner in crimes; a gay and evil-wannabe jojo guy. Both are ridiculously powerful but none of them is seen as his equal because he only considered one person for that role, the lookalike I talked about before.

Being from a game, he's also one of the endgame bosses and famous for its inside joke of destroying your protagonist and the party at 0 turn. If you don't mind, he has a 11~12 minutes theme that also conveys his intent within its lyrics: Original Theme and Stella Magna Version.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I clicked Thinking Monster since that was the closest one to describing Dio from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I like when the villain has all the traits of protagonist in other story, but tough luck, he's the villain in this one.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Why would you need motivation to strike a villainous deed? It's all about perspective, see.

Why would you stomp on a dry leaf? Why would you kick a pebble into a body of water? Why would you lay for an extra minute on bed in the weekends? Simple really, it's because it's free of consequence. Doing it garners neither a net positive nor a negative. You have no reason to, only because you could, and you can, so you did.

Now apply that to a pre-emptive orbital bombardment to a city. If you could kick a pebble free of consequence, you can carpet bomb a hundred thousand innocents into the dirt, if you choose not to experience any.

You only did it because you could, you can, and you did.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
True death. Albedo of Xenosaga was a bit too immortal and wanted to die by any means necessary. Including working for those that wanted to end the universe because, edge.