What other sites besides ScribbleHub do you post in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skribe

Apart from here, I post on RR and Patreon. I used to post on Wattpad and Inktt, but I don't see any point when nobody can find my work without a direct link. I'm curious how anyone gets found on sites like Wattpad or Inktt, where there's no way to appear in search without already being popular.

Temple

RR is really fine with sexual stuff. You just have to know the limits of triggering the bot there, although in your case I don't think it's the bot you triggered. Seems like you have a history of something since the ban reason said: "Once again".

But anyway, if we're just talking about stories, NSFW works well in RR. You just have to know how to go about it (I don't, I just see the NSFW authors thrive), and then post the really heavy stuff on Patreon. Do RR NSFW authors make big bucks? Yep. Very big. Patreon conversion rate is insane even compared to the usual litrpg and all that.

That's why I don't really understand posts complaining that RR doesn't like sexual stuff. They do. And pay money for it too. Just need to be smart how to go about it. I might try it someday because I also want to try adult writign.

Murphy_

I post here and mainly on WebNovel. My experience there has been pretty good, I got really dedicated readers.

Colinllama

Having read this thread, I decided to give Ritoria a look. It seems a bit quiet over there? Are people actually getting any views on that site?

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Here is fine. Yes, people are quiet, but they won't tear your story to pieces either. Unlike in RR, where they will whine about a plot point that helped you finish your story. (I have been getting comments recently, and I couldn't be happier. A reader even requested for me to revive a dropped project. People want to read my scribbles here, and so I will post in here. Until I have 100 books, then I'll figure out if I should write more. (I probably will. Writing is too fun by far for me to quit.))

Colinllama

Dozens or so.
OK, so for the last few days I have been posting a chapter a day on Ritoria to see what the response would be. For the first couple of days I picked up a small number of reads and likes. Less than here, but as I'd already written the chapters it wasn't really a problem to post them.

The last 2 days though have seen no new page views at all. I notice that they encourage paid promotion of stories on there, so I wonder if they limit visibility a bit to encourage people to pay?

I will keep posting on there for a few more days, then make a decision about whether to continue or not.

So that's my Ritoria experience so far...

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I'm on wattpad and neovel as well. Don't really get the views though. Don't get many here either, but compared with the other two I do...
Tried RR but didn't like the community. Couple of great people (who are probably here too) but some asshats.

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
Buy a domain and host your novels there, nobody is gonna ban you anymore

As for me, well, I posted a chapter of my practice piece on Wattpad months ago and haven't visited the website again, I have also posted a chapter of my other practice piece on fanfiction.net and things are good so far.

Maybe I will look into fictionpress.com

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
It's kinda funny that you got banned for that.
I mean, have you checked the popular this week section on RR? Slave Harem has been there for a while.:blobrofl:
(Although it apparently doesn't post the schmexy stuff and just links it to the author's site. But still...)

It's definitely because you had a past offense.

What are the limits of triggering the bot?
Can someone please answer this question? I'm curious too.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Here's where I've posted stuff on:

1. Scribble Hub
2. Royal Road
3. Wattpad
4. FictionPress
5. DeviantArt (posted my drawings)
6. Quotev
7. FanFiction (don't write fanfics anymore)
8. Ao3 (don't write fanfics anymore)
9. Inkitt (didn't really jive with that place)
10. Taskey.me (site went kaput)

Scribble Hub, Wattpad (before they removed the forums), and FictionPress (before they forums died) have (had) good and vibrant writing communities. I stayed on Wattpad for the longest time, till I jumped ship to RoyalRoad and Scribble Hub before Wattpad's forums got removed. Currently, Scribble Hub is my go-to place.

AngelTheTreelover

Got 50 year Banned from my account I've had for 2 years over calling Admin John a Reddit mod LMAO. And the Context aswell.

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2023-08-30_174322_www.royalroad.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2023-08-30_174322_www.royalroad.com.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 35
  • John Is Sensitive Context.png
    John Is Sensitive Context.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 38

RaidenReader

Got 50 year Banned from my account I've had for 2 years over calling Admin John a Reddit mod LMAO. And the Context aswell.
He was polite and then you blew up on him.

I'm pretty sure doing that in real life would get you beat up or something. In the work place, you'd get reported to HR.

A normal person would have just asked for a clearer explanation. It would have been easier to type too.

Maybe the reason you got banned for it is cuz you violated the TOS — which you probably didn't read.

All in all, I think you deserved the ban. Maybe touch some grass instead. You seem to love trees, so...

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
Wait. Dude. I just noticed but isn't this thread from a year ago?🤣🤣🤣🤣

I almost had an identity crisis cuz it says I made a comment on the 31st of August even though I haven't been to the forums for a while. But then I noticed the year.

Pretty sure necroing a post that's been around for so long isn't allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.