what should be counted in the reader section

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls (she/her)
Hi hello hope all is well, I'm here to request that the stats for dropped and paused readers to not be listed in the readers amount for a story for the very simple reason that it's kind of a bummer for me to get excited about a "new reader" and it's just some random person dropping my story for one reason or another.

ANOTHER quibble is I'd like to remove "completed" as an option for any non-abandoned story that's not marked complete. some dude marked my story complete when I posted the third chapter and I'm still confused as to why they did it

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Hi hello hope all is well, I'm here to request that the stats for dropped and paused readers to not be listed in the readers amount for a story for the very simple reason that it's kind of a bummer for me to get excited about a "new reader" and it's just some random person dropping my story for one reason or another.
I think that is a stat for readers. If a story is bad, it will have more dropped statuses than reading. If it is good, less dropped statuses.
ANOTHER quibble is I'd like to remove "completed" as an option for any non-abandoned story that's not marked complete. some dude marked my story complete when I posted the third chapter and I'm still confused as to why they did it
Probably because he read all of the existing chapters?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls (she/her)
I think that is a stat for readers. If a story is bad, it will have more dropped statuses than reading. If it is good, less dropped statuses.

Probably because he read all of the existing chapters?
I don't mind that there's a dropped section, I just wish it didn't count among the whole of the readers and if someone were to drop the story then the number of readers counted would also drop

Aiyoki

Pretty sure it's just a count of the total number of people who've read, or at least looked at your story.

I do agree that the completed section is strange. Maybe instead of removing it though, the completed mark can change to "Reading" once a new chapter that person hasn't read appears?

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
I do think it's a bit backwards to add a story to a reading list just to not read it. And the completed thing is a little silly on stories that haven't been completed... But it does seem like a waste of time to change it. Then again, it may have been a waste of time to add it, so... Who knows.