What the hell do we have to do to get some moderator to remove transphobic comments from stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yetanothertransgirl

What the title said. It's been six months since I reported it and not a peep. It's fucking dysphoric as fuck to be reading a nice wholesome trans story and then get a glurge of transphobia in the comments, not to mention they're spreading medical misinformation too. Anyone gonna go anything about this?

Tony

Staff member
What the title said. It's been six months since I reported it and not a peep. It's fucking dysphoric as fuck to be reading a nice wholesome trans story and then get a glurge of transphobia in the comments, not to mention they're spreading medical misinformation too. Anyone gonna go anything about this?

I just saw your latest reports but you're only reporting the user and not the comments. Which comments are you referring to? Make sure you click on the report button under the comments to report it.

You can't expect us to know which comments you're referring to when you're not reporting the comments itself. We can't go through every single one of his comments and try to assume you're referring to which comment.

yetanothertransgirl

I reported the comments last time but ok. Also, plan on doing anything to stop this user making new inappropriate comments?

EDIT: Reported the comments. Think I got them all, but I might have missed a couple? Anyway, that should be enough for you to be going on with. Got any questions about any of this just ask...

EDIT2: Wtf is up with this forum, this is weird... o.0

Last edited:
I want to show something cursed I found but idk if I should-
and idek if you know Trollge Incidents-

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I reported the comments last time but ok. Also, plan on doing anything to stop this user making new inappropriate comments?

EDIT: Reported the comments. Think I got them all, but I might have missed a couple? Anyway, that should be enough for you to be going on with. Got any questions about any of this just ask...

EDIT2: Wtf is up with this forum, this is weird... o.0
I understand you may not like the way certain people think but doesn't mean you have to police their speech.

You could just turn the other cheek and not let it bother you, it is the internet after all. It isn't worth it getting worked up over some mean words.

yetanothertransgirl

lol, the transphobia understander has logged on...

EDIT: Y'know, I'm really being too polite with you here, aren't I? You need to stop being a bigot and you need to stop lying. And if you're gonna complain about your precious lil feefees being hurt cos I called you what you are, well take your own advice snowflake. :rolleyes:

EDIT2: If anybody still doesn't get here's an explainer for you. To put it simply, I can be pestered by transphobes like Mr "It's Just Mean Words!" until I leave the site, or I can pester the moderators until they put a stop to the nonsense. There are no other options, and there will be no other options as long as people like that guy think bigotry is publicly acceptable. Bigots and victims of bigotry cannot coexist.

Attachments

• 1_TnDoAk0BjC7x4OuBISbYCw.jpeg
    1_TnDoAk0BjC7x4OuBISbYCw.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

yetanothertransgirl

Another round of reports... I guess we'll see how many transphobic messages get removed this time... :rolleyes:

Also, just so y'all know, you ain't fooling anyone... Mask off transphobia is pretty fucking obvious.... :rolleyes:

Zakuro

Crushed Pomegranate
Pretty sure the mods don't usually moderate comments. There are too many comments and only one mod in the main site. The authors are the one who supposed to self-moderate.

Do you know you can delete comments then block the commenter? This will prevent them from commenting again. Now you know.

yetanothertransgirl

It's not my story so I can't do that. Now you know.

And are you seriously arguing that blatant bigotry should just be left lying around the site if the author in question isn't around or isn't up to moderating for whatever reason? Like, I dunno, maybe it would be a better idea to get more moderators or something? :unsure:

SailusGebel

You know, I realize now why those selected as mods never post much on the forum.

it’s because those who post are involved and have less ability to be unbiased when moderating.

Also “bigotry is subjective.”
Now look at my message count. And someone wanted to make me a mod. I know it was more of a joke, but still, crazy idea.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer

And are you seriously arguing that blatant bigotry should just be left lying around the site if the author in question isn't around or isn't up to moderating for whatever reason? Like, I dunno, maybe it would be a better idea to get more moderators or something? :unsure:

When you put up the money to employ someone to mod the site, then the discussion can be made until then it’s just sticks and stones. This site is constantly increasing in server requirements due to the stories being added, posts being made, users joining, and ad revenue is constantly going down due to inflation lag. Not to mention how Tony also moderates Novel update forums. It is unrealistic to expect a higher level of moderation.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Now look at my message count. And someone wanted to make me a mod. I know it was more of a joke, but still, crazy idea.
To be fair you never get involved in shit except 1 or 2 word responses.

Someone: “hey everyone I found to cure for every disease known to mankind.”

SailusGebel: No.

Someone Else: “My close family just died and I need someone to talk too.”

SailusGebel: “No.”

Zakuro

Crushed Pomegranate

Sorry I didn't know that. I wish we can do more to stop hate speeches and derogatory comments as a reader. But sadly we don't have the power to do that. Not when our reports get buried under a mountain of other reports of similar nature.

The solution? Vote @AliceShiki for moderator! I have 100% confidence she will do her best removing those comments (and the commenters) from this site.

P.S: The original ScribbleHub users (the one from Novelupdates) are chill. We welcome all sort of people to our site. Bigotry has no place here.

The user committing hatespeech? Must be a Webnovel migrator. Don't let them discourage you from accessing this site.

Fun fact: The first authors ever on this site were trans, it is our foundation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.