What the hell do we have to do to get some moderator to remove transphobic comments from stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Now look at my message count. And someone wanted to make me a mod. I know it was more of a joke, but still, crazy idea.
Fuck it, I'm all for making you a mod
To be fair you never get involved in shit except 1 or 2 word responses.

Someone: “hey everyone I found to cure for every disease known to mankind.”

SailusGebel: No.

Someone Else: “My close family just died and I need someone to talk too.”

SailusGebel: “No.”
Accurate

SailusGebel

To be fair you never get involved in shit except 1 or 2 word responses.

Someone: “hey everyone I found to cure for every disease known to mankind.”

SailusGebel: No.

Someone Else: “My close family just died and I need someone to talk too.”

Nah, it's because no one asks me to elaborate. I don't bother to spend my time on those ungrateful bastards who only want to validate their opinions through forums. Also, I'm very biased, and there are certain topics that, what's the right word, trigger me. The reason why I'm not banned yet is that I try to ignore those topics.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
When you put up the money to employ someone to mod the site, then the discussion can be made until then it’s just sticks and stones. This site is constantly increasing in server requirements due to the stories being added, posts being made, users joining, and ad revenue is constantly going down due to inflation lag. Not to mention how Tony also moderates Novel update forums. It is unrealistic to expect a higher level of moderation.
Mods are volunteers. They aren't paid.
You know, I realize now why those selected as mods never post much on the forum.

it’s because those who post are involved and have less ability to be unbiased when moderating.

Also “bigotry is subjective.”
Tbh, they're probably just people that are active on Discord, but not very active on the forums.

People who are mods are people who Tony trusts and that are willing to help out keeping things working properly in the forums... And well, completely inactive people can't really gain Tony's trust, so they have to be active somewhere to become mods.

In fact, if you look at NUF mods, you'll see that plenty of them are fairly active.
Pretty sure the mods don't usually moderate comments. There are too many comments and only one mod in the main site. The authors are the one who supposed to self-moderate.

Do you know you can delete comments then block the commenter? This will prevent them from commenting again. Now you know.
Also this. I mean... I get why OP is troubled by a transgender story with transphobic comments in it, but the author could block the person doing the comments if it bothers the author.

It's a bit of a weird situation, but I think Tony will intervene if there is some clear harassment and the like on the comments.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Nah, it's because no one asks me to elaborate. I don't bother to spend my time on those ungrateful bastards who only want to validate their opinions through forums. Also, I'm very biased, and there are certain topics that, what's the right word, trigger me. The reason why I'm not banned yet is that I try to ignore those topics.
Someone: “please elaborate.”

Erys

Her Highness
Good job! Every once in a month, Tony reveals the IP locations of bigots, and we go hunt them.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Found the bigot... 😑😑
You are too, especially towards anyone you choose to label “transphobes.”

Everyone is a bigot in someway because everyone has an obstinate bias in someway and topics about people or individuals that will get them worked up.

Unless you’ve somehow transcended humanity, then I’ll have to ask you how you did that because I’d like to be enlightened too.

yetanothertransgirl

It's a bit of a weird situation, but I think Tony will intervene if there is some clear harassment and the like on the comments.
Except he didn't, hence the second thread. Someone went through the list of comments I reported, deleted a few of the least harmful ones and left the majority of them up, including the most harmful ones. It's hard to interpret this as anything other than a pointed refusal to do anything about transphobia on this site...

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion

Everyone is a bigot in someway because everyone has an obstinate bias in someway and topics about people or individuals that will get them worked up.

Unless you’ve somehow transcended humanity, then I’ll have to ask you how you did that because I’d like to be enlightened too.
sits back and prepares to watch the fireworks

yetanothertransgirl

Ah, yes, if you object to bigotry you're the real bigot... A classic straight out of the the fascist playbook... 😑

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Ah, yes, if you object to bigotry you're the real bigot... A classic straight out of the the fascist playbook... 😑
I do object to bigotry, just not when objecting to it is another form of bigotry.
Definition of bigotry - the obstinate and excessive aggression towards a specific group of people or individual.

when you label someone, you’ve made them part of a group.

The aggression you bring makes you essentially the same as them since anyone who doesn’t agree therefore gets labeled as well.

Eventually that aggression becomes unreasonable, and you become what you hated in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.