• Whenever I'm Napping.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • On a Procrastination Hike.

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 45782

Placing this in general chat bc it can go for both writers and artists.

I know some of us may get that creative spurt at any time of the day and sometimes its just spontaneous and random, but what time are you the most creative?

Does the time of the day affect the type of story you're thinking to write at that time?

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Everyday. As long as I don't want to procrastinate.....

Which is..... Everyday..... Huh.....

I usually try to defend myself but I am so lazy that the lazy me just want to be lazy in lazy my writing..... Yeah....

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Around morning or afternoon for me! In the morning I'm in the garden - that's where I get a biiiiit of inspiration. By afternoon it should technically have become an idea! :blob_melt:

D

Deleted member 45782

nighttime. great when procrastination + night stories come into play.
thu i feel slightly maybe shouldn't think too many dark/ghost stories right before going to sleep.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
As I've said before in an old thread I can't be bothered to fish out right now, I have a phenomenon which I coin the Midnight Rush. It's a period between general tiredness and drop-dead fatigue where you're still awake but you're so tired that the rationality in your brain shuts off.

By then, every idea is a good idea, and so I use that time to write down everything I think of, because when I'm fully awake I'd be burdened by self-doubts. Not during the Midnight Rush. Today, my plot point will be that somebody killed his neighbour's cat because he missed his wife. Don't think about it; write until you collapse.

You'll either make an absolute disaster piece, or create an Avant Garde masterpiece that will be appreciated by 2042.

CL

Night time because of the silence and darkness. My imagination kicks into overdrive when I start getting sleepy and my fantasies cause me to wonder what's hiding in under the covers making all that racket. It's enough to get me popping out of bed and stay awake until the sun can watch over my sleepy head.

Reisinling

Whenever I have a good excuse to delay writing until later, like most people here - you think you have best ideas at night because you are sleepy and relaxed? NO! It's because you know you can delay writing until later!

Also if any mods are awake- plox accept my new novel, thanks. (yes, i know patience... but plox!)

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I don't think I really have a most creative time but the early afternoon is definitely my least creative time. Like, an hour after lunch or so I lose all energy and will just browse Reddit or something. Other than that, I often work best after doing something physical. Like, going on a run for half an hour and then sitting down to edit? Awesome! Writing itself usually isn't a problem since I do that while walking anyway. But yeah, no matter what, I can't sit still for too long. I need some breaks where I just move around to stay productive.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
It is a vicious cycle, I feel like writing when I am at work, at home I feel like slacking when I feel I should be writing. Once I have been slacking extensively, I feel like going to work thanks to COVID. My priorities are looped and mismatched.

Emi_the_Fairy

Evening and at night. Sometimes during the day, but I just get distracted most of the time.

...although the actual answer is when I'm out jogging playing all the good moments in my head. :blob_melt:

D

Deleted member 45782

Night time because of the silence and darkness. My imagination kicks into overdrive when I start getting sleepy and my fantasies cause me to wonder what's hiding in under the covers making all that racket. It's enough to get me popping out of bed and stay awake until the sun can watch over my sleepy head.
Yeah haha. Besides imagining stories back when i didn't had much interaction with others, part of the reason i started writing is to take some of those ideas conjured right before sleep out of my head. Cause then its gonna take another half hr or so to fall asleep cause my mind gets a jolt of sudden energy and now im wide awake thinking of story's twists and turns or a slightly horror story.

It is a vicious cycle, I feel like writing when I am at work, at home I feel like slacking when I feel I should be writing. Once I have been slacking extensively, I feel like going to work thanks to COVID. My priorities are looped and mismatched.
Not exactly while I'm working (want to finish stuff cause don't want to be so slow; my overthinking also kicks in too a bit), but I do feel that when studying for college/job hunting. When you are supposed do something productive you feel an itch to start drawing/writing and forget about it. When you start drawing/writing, your mind reminds you that worry in the back of your head that you should be doing something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

CL

Yeah haha. Besides imagining stories back when i didn't had much interaction with others, part of the reason i started writing is to take some of those ideas conjured right before sleep out of my head. Cause then its gonna take another half hr or so to fall asleep cause my mind gets a jolt of sudden energy and now im wide awake thinking of story's twists and turns or a slightly horror story.
Oh, yes, I am fully aware of what may happen to me if I fall asleep with those thoughts in my head. I sometimes get jolted awake because I figure out that this nightmare is too similar to an idea I had. Even when I wake up, it doesn't shake the fear out of me unless I devote my renewed motivation to stay awake into another chore. Writing about it helps (not to be confused with writing and publishing). Of my stories, now, I've a fine collection. :blob_hide:

AryaX

In the morning when I am getting ready for work, or in the evening just as I am about to go to sleep and I have work next day, or while driving somewhere, or...

Basically... Whenever I can't do anything about it, it seems,... :unsure:

Based on more distant past experiences... It seems like, if I stay awake too damn long, my barely awake brain may start gushing up all sort of seemingly great stuff... which may or may not turn out so great later however, when returning to it with fresh yes...

Last edited:

Yamemai

When I'm bored. Gets me thinking about things, which slowly expands..... Then I stop being bored and loss track of the thought process. Usually happens when going to sleep [which is even worse because I may not remember it when I wake up, get up jotting it down, etc], so late at night I guess.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I think the time when you're taking your time in the bathroom in your home is the most creative time.

Your mind will go all over place thinking the most random things in existence due to excess boredom resulting in the most insane ideas which are mostly cannot be implemented because you tend to forget them the moment you stepped out of the bathroom.:blob_hide: