What was the first fanfic that you ever read?

Jemini

I was searching around the internet for a translation of volume 14 of Overlord back when it first came out. I wound up getting a fan-fic that called itself volume 14 and only realized part way into it that it was a fan fic.

I'd been conscious of fan fiction before I came across this one, but I had generally avoided reading them until this one tricked me into it.

StainedGlassThreads

A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fanfic on a since-deleted forum that had the title 'Only Once and Nothing More'. The fanfic was alright, neither great nor awful, but that title was excellent and has haunted me ever since.

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
The first and if memory serves the only one i read since.

There was a big hoo-ha about it many years ago. "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality"

I remember at some point the novel referenced Gurren largann.

It instantly drained all the charm of the story for me, I put it down, and never looked back.

I though it was a nice concept, but once the novelty run dry, there was nothing there for me.

Tempokai

Overworked One
When I first started reading again, it was Harry Potter and Rationality of something. But in the childhood, it was a creepypasta about the Sonic. Good times.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I want to say it was the My Immortal fanfic, but no, I was cursed to have read the Harry Potter birthing fic. I haven't been the same since and it haunts me like other cursed content.

I also read Creepy pastas but they weren't my first.

J_Chemist

I consider "read" something I did more than glance at, cringe at, and then promptly close. Something I've actually looked into and perused through. My Immortal was the first fanfic I ever opened in a tab/browser window but after just reading two sentences, I sighed and closed the tab because I could tell that the rumors were true. I've done the same with countless other FanFics.

However... Of all of them that I've come across, A Battle of Epic Proportions is a one-shot FanFic that I very much enjoyed.

Rhaps

Cult Leader of The Church of Dice
My first fanfic was a Fate fanfic, Fate/Zero. The hill that I shall die on, everything related to Fate is a fanfic, even the original Fate/Stay Night.

Novel_Fam

Hello!!!!
For all the users of this site that read fanfiction, what was the first fanfic work that you ever read? Mine was the story known as One Piece: To be a Power in the Depths.
Honest opinion?
It’s probably one of the two “Eventide Marauder”(Moriarty the Patriot Fanfic) or “The Foreigner”(Lord of the Mysteries Fanfic) and basically I’m grateful I found these amazing fanfic which is based on one author on Wattpad @Gilthur !!!
They are amazing, you should check them out if you have the time~

Redemit

I don't remember what it was called but I remember not realizing it was a fanfic till nearly the end and then later checked out the original and didn't like it nearly as much

ACertainPassingUser

Re:Zero Watching Him Die Again and Again by Reactionist

It's one of the most successful "Anime cast Watch their own show" fanfic to exists.

Especially with Canon MC ability to Return By Death, it pretty much a very interesting to watch how they would react to their counterpart in alternative timeline.

it has around 400,000 words within 14 chapter. So It's has more details and have more words than average Scribble Hub or even Royal Road stories.

Its a good entry story i guess, although a little bit dry compared to Decent stories.

***​

But if the first fanfic manga I've ever read, it's Doraemon "Doujin". It's not the 18+ one, a manga fanfic based of original story is also called "doujin" in Japan, even doesn't matter if it contain 18+ material. If it contains 18+ material, it's called "Hentai".

The manga It tells the story of show how Doraemon story would end after Nobita himself determined to repair the blue cat robot, becoming the most prominent researcher of their time.

Took me years to find out that its not the real ending, as the original Doraemon author didn't really make official ending manga and only put vague bits of how's Nobita future is gonna marrying his childhood crush, "Shizuka", while not directly showing what happened to Doraemon.

Last edited: