What was your favorite story that an author dropped?

Cauldrons

I think it's common knowledge that stories on websites like scribblehub are volatile and are prone to being dropped/deleted at the drop of a hat. Most of the time the stories are only so-so meaning it makes it easier to move to the next, but every once in a while a diamond in the rough will show up and get completely hooked on it only for them to also drop it. For me the most recent one I can think of is 'When life gives you a superior biology'. What are some stories that you liked and were dropped? Why did you like them?

Num

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I don't really have one as the name has been lost to time but the best way to get an author to start back up with a story is through a blend of healthy motivation and repetitive harassment.

DiscoDream

Severe autist
"Slime breeder"
Never thought about how nice a living non-human onahole could be before this, and now I can't stop

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls (she/her)

I still pray that the author returns...one day...

ARedFox

Melas. Worse yet it was shipped to Amazon. New chapters were removed quickly after being posted giving little time to catch them. If you missed it, oh well. Now I think it’s on hiatus but with new chapters being removed I genuinely might have just missed them.

I liked it because it was different. I was sick of a lot tropes in other isekai/rebirth stories and Melas avoided a lot of them. It just hit right at the right time.

Other than that I’m with the person above on sleep is for the weak. Stories about people healing or growth always tickle my fancy.

Digital marine because it was different from anything else I had read. As boring and unhelpful as it is to add, it was very interesting.

Broken Chains was a nice scratch to the itch that is my crippling addiction to cultivation stories without romance and other overly repetitive tropes. Idk what happened to the author tho.

There was a story called Anya where a little girl becomes some kind of horror in a world that’s post apocalyptic.

Don’t label me. Not sure why I like this one so much. I just do. Also not sure if it’s on permanent hiatus or just temporary.

Fox Girl Reincarnation. Different and enjoyable. Not just a haha I got fluffy ears now and might have to beat up a few bandit slavers but don’t worry, Im op. Really felt like the author aimed for something unique.

Waking Up As a Spaceship!? What’s a Ship Girl Supposed To Do Now? Introduced me to the more casual version sci-fi space stuff.

Edit: Added links to non RR stories.
Edit 2: Minor corrections for clarity and other small issues

Last edited:

Iamnotabot

Bot of [Envy]
Well i was going to say my own story but

I tried to find another series with the same concept, the gods must heard my pray because they give me this

Only to take them away too so now i'm just gonna wait until something similar come into my radar or i just have to made one myself.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
natural slave
the bloodiest mage
many others I am not sure if dropped, like saga of tama the immortal

LilRora

Mostly formless
For me it wasn't exactly a favorite, but A Universe of Bloody Evolution on RR is a great and unique apocalyptic story that hasn't been updated for a few months already without any information from the author.

Also, Sleep is for the Weak, which was mentioned above.

Last edited:

minionlover

One of the few stories I checked daily for updates :(

Zinless

How do I
Only to take them away too
I didn't drop it! I was just... very busy. I learned proper writing and realize how bad my writing was, so I tried to fix it. While fixing it, I kind of lost my energy for writing so I just made plans for the story so I know where it should go whenever I start writing again.

I will update soon, I have a roadmap of where the series should go now. Maybe...

I won't drop it though, that's a promise!

Iamnotabot

Bot of [Envy]
I didn't drop it! I was just... very busy. I learned proper writing and realize how bad my writing was, so I tried to fix it. While fixing it, I kind of lost my energy for writing so I just made plans for the story so I know where it should go whenever I start writing again.

I will update soon, I have a roadmap of where the series should go now. Maybe...

I won't drop it though, that's a promise!

Really (≧∇≦)/ honestly , you promise (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)
Because my weak heart can't handle abandonment from another author. I shall wait for your work to be continue. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

OP1000

I really do not have a favourite story, but there are a few stories that I can think of that I really enjoyed reading that were dropped for one reason or the other. These are the ones that really resonated with me while reading them:

Futa Quest: by the author known as Sajukno. I liked this story because it was one of the first stories that I read which featured a futanari character and had a decent plot outside of the sex scenes. I really felt like the events that were yet to take place in this story were going to slowly buildup to become something interesting, but unfortunately the author has not posted a new chapter for the story since 2014( I had started reading the story much later).

Magical Giants: The Life of Zmeya: by the author known as ShuviLily. This was the story that made me become more open to the idea of reading about magical girls. It was dropped after the author said that she could not write about the story because she would always be reminded of her friend that had passed away a few months before she made the announcement that she would drop the story.

Reborn as a devil fruit: by the author known as REAPERali. This was the first fanfic that I had found where the protagonist was reincarnated as an inanimate object that had a number of fun moments from the beginning till the release of the latest chapter. Unfortunately, the story has not been updated for 1 year now.

Missivist

I generally assume the author ws not happy with where the story was going, and it's probably better for both of us to move on.
Sometimes it's as simple as the story reaching a natural end, despite the author's attempts to drag it out. Better if they had wrapped it up with a real conclusion to wrap up loose ends, but the story is over...
Sometimes the author tries a re-boot. "Let's throw this at the party, and then figure out what they do..." But they are painted into a corner, and the plot cannot advance without retcon...
Or the author has a real life, and gets distracted from writing. Biggest problem! I advise against it, because that can end a good story. :cautious: Or like my favorite MIA story, "Dead Tired" by RavensDagger, who has so many great stories under way that something apparently had to just... not be updated any more.

Last edited:

J_Chemist

"Slime breeder"
Never thought about how nice a living non-human onahole could be before this, and now I can't stop
image_2023-02-14_191600865.png

image_2023-02-14_191616790.png