What words you always misspell?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
quite simply - Too and to. I understand obviously how to use these basic words, but I find myself accidentally mixing them up in just the flow of writing.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I sometimes flip their, there, and they’re when I’m not paying attention in my writing.

I also tend to misspell things like cinnamon or onomatopoeia (I always autocorrect it)
If I didn’t autocorrect, it’s wind up like cinnemin or onomanopeia. My brain does the phonetic sounds to spell words out.
** the one word I hate to spell is: existential
It doesn’t sound right to me, so it becomes this jumble of a word instead: extesential

Reactions: Jet

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
Feck. Ediot.
Those work, feck is a word, you can swap ediot for eejit, you'll be okay.
I can't spell or comprehend “Keep it a secret” used autocorrect for this. Fingers crossed it came out right.
And “dont tell anybody/anyone else”

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Sometimes I misspell Properly, because the equivalent word in my native language sounds almost the same, but has one more "r", it's like... "Proprerly".

So, I end up confusing the two words and end up mixing up how to write each~

skillet

a frying pan
I'm late!! BUT!!!! I've been eyeing this forum for the longest time because I knew there was a word I frequently used that I always always misspell... but I couldn't remember it until now.

It's mischievous. I keep spelling it mischevious. I even pronounce it kind of like that. And then I get confused by the red line because I think it's correct. Hahahaha. Okay bye

D

Deleted member 45782

I'm late!! BUT!!!! I've been eyeing this forum for the longest time because I knew there was a word I frequently used that I always always misspell... but I couldn't remember it until now.

It's mischievous. I keep spelling it mischevious. I even pronounce it kind of like that. And then I get confused by the red line because I think it's correct. Hahahaha. Okay bye
XD hehe...

D

Deleted member 52929

Definitely...I always somehow spell it defintely or definetly without fail

Jet

I manage to type in "the" instead of "there" pretty often. Notice it only during rereading too. Weird stuff.
Another one is aberration in lieu of abberation. That's what comes to mind right away.

D

Deleted member 53101

Too and to, don't really understand how to use them. Bussiness, dissapear ... strenght. But well, with the help of typora spell check, added with Grammarly and ProWritingAid extension installed on my browser, those misspelled words appear less often.

OvidLemma

Ceiling and Claustrophobic. I always try to spell ceiling as "cieling" since that's how it's spelled in most romance languages (e.g. ciel, cielo). And I try to spell claustrOphobic as claustrAphobic for no good reason - after all, the root is claustrum, so there's no reason to stick an A in there.

Alkareel

Cuisses de Grenouille
Ocassional occasional ocasional oca ok oppaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiii!

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
here you go im have writon a sentence with my missplellings.
ok so how was your day I figured out theat you can become a narrcisist at any age.
also it isn't that I don't know how to spell but the keyboard has letters so close to each other that I somtimres press them while typing.

D

Deleted member 45782

Reincarnate
It takes me awhile a lot because I often misspelled it as reicarnate or rencarnate.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
oh man so many! off the top of my head:

itinerary
possessed
separate
persevere

anything with multiple consonants or too many Ss gets me i swear