What would happen if I punched you?

Amok

grblbrbl
depends on how hard. hard? defend at all costs, or flee. not hard? disengage and deescalate. also depends on situation: if my brother punches me i might chase him, a stranger? not so much. if the threat level is low just shrug it off. now, if the stranger is hitting someone i care about i might react more violently.

atgongumerki

forfeiting your life is a choice you made all by yourself, I take no responsibility for any permanent damages I inflict upon you

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
First, block his attacks by gauging how powerful his fist are and quickly retreat to a safer distance. Do not try to parry unless you can predict his movements and easily engage him in terms of combat. Unless you can tell if he is strong or weak, try not run away and back off slowly without turning your back against him. If someone launch a surprise attack , always prioritize the vitals and not retreat as he can easily defeat you the moment you turn your back against him.

CQC is a gamble, don't think that strength matters as how experience you are in a fight can lead to victory. Always be aware of your surroundings as....

Wait, is this not a tutorial on beating an enemy but someone punching you?

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
if its my brother, i beat the shit out of him. But if its a stranger, unless they punched hard, id leave em

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
First, where are they hitting and how hard they are hitting?

Non-vitals like shoulders are fine unless they bruise it.

Vitals like your nose bridge, forehead, throat, chest, solar plexus and groin, fuck him up with your keys, wallet, glasses or with a pocket knife. While usage of a weapon is frowned upon CQC, this is not CQC or tournament, someone is ready to hurt you. Hurt them back harder to deter them.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
So, how would you react if a stranger approached you and began hitting you without warning?
I’m going to assume this is out on the street.

I would first make an attempt to protect my head while backing away. Then I would probably close in while they’re chasing with forward momentum to catch them off guard and trip them. After that I would grab one of their arms and lock my legs around their shoulder to the neck and use my back and abdominal muscles to apply pressure on whichever arm I have grabbed.

it’s basically the arm bar.

i assume that if someone attacks out of nowhere they’re assuming the other party would panic in surprise.

Now if I get knocked out before I can react I couldn’t do anything anyway, but I’m assuming the attacker is undergoing some sort of psychosis and would not know how to effectively throw a punch due to their state of mind during the episode.

i did have them happening randomly during my school years

i just somehow parried the attack and walk away like nothing happened since i was totally confused.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Are we talking about drunk hobo punches or weak-ass anime girl punches?

First one I'd call the cops, second one I'd laugh at or headpat xD

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i use this as an opportunity to test out the dragon's breath rounds on my 1897

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
If you're a kid, I'll awkwardly laugh and go away. Else, I'd probably disengage, who knows if you're insane

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Then I'll start kicking their ass so hard, they'll be 3 inches shorter after I'm done with them.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
So, how would you react if a stranger approached you and began hitting you without warning?
Probably self defense. If I knew them though then I would probably ask them to tell me why.

Dudealien

Pepsiman is my stand
Using my enhanced perception, I would notice the person’s intentions before they even knew they were going to hit me, then take necessary countermeasures such as murdering them in their sleep