What would you consider to be fun?

Florestes

A shard of time embraced by darkness.
I'd like to hear your thoughts:

Let's say that you are a healthy young adult with a ton of cash/loaded bank account in a big city under no supervision. Your only restriction is that you can't leave said city, and quite obviously your mortal human limitations.

What do you do? How do you have FUN? What risks do you take? How long will it last?

Preferably realistic replies, even mundane ones are welcome.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I'd just buy a lot of books and read. Maybe buy a mansion with a library to store my books. Also, invest, so I don't accidentally end up broke. I'd also get a job. Spending all day doing nothing would be boring. And, last but not least, I'd buy a bunch of gas, just to really flaunt my wealth.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
If I can't leave then what's the point? I want to travel and do things. If you find fun in things rather than activities then what kind of life is that? Yes, there are activities that need things but living in a big city (or any city in general) that you can't leave would make it hell. Cities have things that can be fun but I want to be out in nature. Cities are too constricting and are a blight upon the earth. Humans should migrate as we once did in the past.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
When you say a load of cash I'm assuming richest person in the world rich.
I'd hire tons of spies and spend tons of money to get rid of certain people. You know... and then I'd probably make projects, run for mayor... probably send surveyors out to find women that might be interested in being my mistress....

I'd probably live a very ridiculous life.

I'd build city walls probably too incase of a Titan invasion.
Import stuff from all over the world, and maybe I'll even go online and support horrible authors just to give them an inflated ego to screw with writing algorithm, pretending that there are many people praising their works rather than not.

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
Well I like travelling but since that is out...
kickstart my streaming career.
Since Im rich Im also fame. so Viewers are not a problem. I can also do my crappy art, since Im rich and fame anyone would intepret random shit in it. Id keep writing books. Since Im fame and rich ppl would love it. Id finally make the games I could never afford to make before.
How long will it last? Ill keep pulling shit outta my ass since I cant leave the city so I need something to do. Im rich an fame so anything works anyway.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night

Let's say that you are a healthy young adult with a ton of cash/loaded bank account in a big city under no supervision. Your only restriction is that you can't leave said city, and quite obviously your mortal human limitations.

What do you do? How do you have FUN? What risks do you take? How long will it last?

1. Try out every restaurant in the mall or establishment. Be it fine dining, steakhouse, seafood, soul food, diners, drive thru, fast food and convenience store.

2. For fun, i would watch every movie in the theaters with an overpriced popcorn and soda set. Buy a ton of properties like dying small businesses and save them, invest in a financial advisor and chuck in 200,000 for stocks while walking around the streets, tossing money like i own the city, learn yoga or parkour.

3. Risks? I would attempt to climb the tallest tower in the city without a safety harness but i have gloves to avoid sweaty palms lol.

4. It would last until i want it to be.

Florestes

Buy a truckload of hentai doujin and give it all away to the elderly
Ah, yes, A Man of Culture and Faith. Walking around the city with a shopping cart full of doujinshi, stopping before every elder to spread the good works of aspiring artists.
If I can't leave then what's the point? I want to travel and do things. If you find fun in things rather than activities then what kind of life is that? Yes, there are activities that need things but living in a big city (or any city in general) that you can't leave would make it hell. Cities have things that can be fun but I want to be out in nature. Cities are too constricting and are a blight upon the earth. Humans should migrate as we once did in the past.
A concrete jungle does tend to give off those feelings, especially during hot summer. Even worse if you are the "easily starts to sweat" type of person. Relatable.

Florestes

I'd hire tons of spies and spend tons of money to get rid of certain people. You know... and then I'd probably make projects, run for mayor... probably send surveyors out to find women that might be interested in being my mistress....

Import stuff from all over the world, and maybe I'll even go online and support horrible authors just to give them an inflated ego to screw with writing algorithm, pretending that there are many people praising their works rather than not.
This feels oddly familiar... Do you by chance own Amazon?

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion

....You scare me now.

D

Deleted member 54065

My idea of fun is doing what I want to do. Coincidentally, I love staying in my room and writing or drawing away, while coming out occasionally for a new 'atmosphere'.

And even then, I don't venture too far. It's a literal pain in the ass to sit and drive for long, see?

Nihilism

Let's say that you are a healthy young adult with a ton of cash/loaded bank accounts in a big city under no supervision. Your only restriction is that you can't leave the said city, and quite obviously your mortal human limitations.

Plot world domination! First I would start a school that would indoctrinate kids for talent! And then I would slowly but surely take over the city! The city will be my headquarters or the new capital of my country! After I took over the city I would make a private military that I control! Then I would build up its strength while researching advanced technology! I would Scout talent from other places too...

EternalSunset0

Probably just be at home, watch anime and play video games. Eat whatever I want. Probably buy whatever gadgets, merchandise, things I want while occasionally hanging out with friends. Do some exercising to stay healthy since I still have human limits.

Not a lot of big risks. I want to maintain a low profile and enjoy all those stuff in peace anyway.

I probably won't get tired of it.

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
Plot world domination! First I would start a school that would indoctrinate kids for talent! And then I would slowly but surely take over the city! The city will be my headquarters or the new capital of my country! After I took over the city I would make a private military that I control! Then I would build up its strength while researching advanced technology! I would Scout talent from other places too...
tumblr_04382a2f9c858967564b47d4991bafb8_fb6aa9c6_500.jpg

I've always wanted a cat. And I've always wondered how many donuts could a human consume before their body eventually fails and collapses!

Plantorsomething

Charity, lend to friends, create my own buissness (Not too much bootstrapping, maybe 10k maximum to not inflate economy), then pay to go to six flags at night, then wingsuit. I’d be very careful not to fuck the economy overall.

D

Deleted member 57675

Per Title, Not stressing would be fun.

Per OP Comment, get some necessities out of the way before can experience fun. Then try all food and dining places, visit all museums, go nightclubs/bars, do whatever outdoor dtuff available in area. Books, instruments. Start DIY projects that cost some investment. Enjoy life.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Expand the city so I can go more places lol. You know like Rome was just the city but then it expanded it as a city into a regional authority. Something like that.