What would you do in front of the isekai king?

What would you do?

• 1. Attack

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 2. Join

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 3. Wait

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 4. Escape

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Bristlecone

You were walking down the street when a light teleports you to another world.

“Four chosen heroes, please help us defeat the evil demon king“ King

As the king spoke, you activated your status inside your mind.

"We will teach you everything you need to know for this task, so help us great heroes" King

Your level is 10 , your class is Sage and your cheat is unlimited mana.

“...For the peace of this world, we promise to defeat the demon king!“ Probably the Hero

... You don't know this person, nor the other two. But judging by their clothes, they're from Earth too.

“Yes! We will do everything to help!“ Probably the Saint

“The gold is waiting for me!“ Probably the Thief

“...“ You

... The king is fat, the queen wears luxurious jewels, and the guards grip their weapons firmly.

1. Attack the guards to level up (betting on being able to cast magic without help).

2. Join the team and fight against the demon king army.

3. Wait and see (with the possibility of becoming a slave).

4. Escape the palace and the kingdom (betting on being able to cast magic without help).

Reisinling

I mean depends on what I could do. All options have possibility of becoming a slave, or being killed, I would most likely try to pretend to die during training and GTFO.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Too little info, I'll just pretend to join and hope to Isekai god they don't present me with any soulbinding contracts I'm forced to sign. With that I can prolly just gtfo if things look too suspicious. Also while contemplating on the meaning of life because I just got teleported to an novel plot.

SailusGebel

Wait and see. However, there is a question. King says that he will teach heroes. When will he do this? Wait and see = possibility of becoming a slave. But what will happen if we wait till the training is done? Sounds like a loophole.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Me and the boys spawning in front of the King of Elona after attempting and successfully getting hit by a 1995 Toyota Tacoma in the real world

Bristlecone

Wait and see. However, there is a question. King says that he will teach heroes. When will he do this? Wait and see = possibility of becoming a slave. But what will happen if we wait till the training is done? Sounds like a loophole.
If you wait and see, you will spend the night in the palace along with the other three. And the next day, the head magician will wake up (he and all the mages fainted after the summoning ritual) and things will get difficult ...

SailusGebel

If you wait and see, you will spend the night in the palace along with the other three. And the next day, the head magician will wake up (he and all the mages fainted after the summoning ritual) and things will get difficult ...
But you don't specify for how long we wait. This is another question. If I want to wait till the evening or the moment I'm led to my 'room'? I know that I ask too many questions, but these options are too vague. Let's say I want to wait for an hour or so. As I understood, magicians are still unconscious, right? So nothing would happen for this one hour while I can gain info. Also, you didn't mention magicians in the beginning, which will affect the choices of people. I assumed that I was transported by a god\goddess, thus I decided to wait and see.

Bristlecone

Options are a little too absolute and close ended tbh
Is there something else you can do in that situation?
If there is, be my guest.
But you don't specify for how long we wait. This is another question. If I want to wait till the evening or the moment I'm led to my 'room'? I know that I ask too many questions, but these options are too vague. Let's say I want to wait for an hour or so. As I understood, magicians are still unconscious, right? So nothing would happen for this one hour while I can gain info. Also, you didn't mention magicians in the beginning, which will affect the choices of people. I assumed that I was transported by a god\goddess, thus I decided to wait and see.
Every second away from the best magician in the kingdom counts, If you are not far enough, maybe you will have to fight him...
When you are summoned in front of the king, it usually means it is a ritual without interference of a god\goddess (I think, maybe, probably :giggle:).

Last edited:

SailusGebel

Is there something else you can do in that situation?
If there is, be my guest.

Every second away from the best magician in the kingdom counts, If you are not far enough, maybe you will have to fight him...
When you are summoned in front of the king, it usually means it is a ritual without interference of a god\goddess (I think, maybe, probably :giggle:).
Usually yes. However, you, yourself, didn't say every time. That's why my mind wandered. There is a possibility, sooo... how can I be sure what type of isekai is this? And you once again changed your own rules. Not all magicians are unconscious? Cause you stated before that ALL of them are unconscious. And if ALL of them are unconscious, I can go to my room\lodging and experiment with the system YOU said I have. I can experiment with spell chants, try out everything. This system may hold secrets. I can try and talk with maids, knights, butlers. I can try to talk with other people who got isekaied. There are tons of things I can do.

Internet-Degenerate

In that exact situation, my first instinct would be to escape the first chance I get. A well fed and wealthy king who's sucking up to complete strangers? A kings-guard ready to attack at any moment as if they had previous failures before? Sounds like bad news to me. I have this odd sixth sense about when things are about to go wrong. It's actually really creepy. Like yesterday at work when I was on my lunch break enjoying my ham sandwich. All of the sudden this feeling struck me and I thought, "This day is not going to end well." Sure enough, as soon as I got home, my dad beat the shit out of me with his heavy duty extension cable. So I'll trust my sixth sense an leave as soon as possible.

Bristlecone

how can I be sure what type of isekai is this?
You disappear from your world and appear directly in the king's palace, that is a great hint of what kind of isekai this is.
They WILL be unconscious until next day, that means you will have less than 24 hours to wait and see. But things will be harder the more time that passes (remember that there is a innocent justice hero at your side, he may learn his power faster than you and get in your way if you are not fast enough :s_smile:)

Last edited:

SailusGebel

You disappear from your world and appeared directly in the palace of the king, that is a great hint of what kind of isekai this is.
They WILL be unconscious until next day, that means you will have less that 24 hours to wait and see. But thing will be harder the more time that passes (remember that there is a innocent justice hero at your side, he may learn his power faster than you and get in your way if you are not fast enough)
It doesn't. What if they simply performed some kind of a ritual and god\goddess did all the work? What if it was their priests who did all the work? While magicians were knocked out due to me having unlimited mana? What if I was caught up in the summoning? Too many questions. What I've written aren't all the questions, it's the ones I came up with. That doesn't mean that another person wouldn't come up with something more.

As for the innocent hero, who said I can't lie to him? So far, the things you tell are literally forcing us to think that king is a bad guy. What is even the point of doing a vague poll to destroy the uncertainty by railroading the plot? :blob_unsure: The more time pass, the less time I got. But I have unlimited mana? You didn't tell me what my system can do. What if I cast invisibility plus flight and escape? What can they do to me? Yeah-yeah, I got it, you are doing another: "My Status as an Assassin Obviously Exceeds the Brave's." kind of plot. Or Wortenia Senki kind of plot. Very original, fresh, and new. :blob_okay:

_oinkchan

"We will teach you everything you need to know for this task, so help us great heroes" King

“...For the peace of this world, we promise to defeat the demon king!“ Probably the Hero

... You don't know this person, nor the other two. But judging by their clothes, they're from Earth too.

“...“ You

... The king is fat, the queen wears luxurious jewels, and the guards grip their weapons firmly.

1. Attack the guards to level up (betting on being able to cast magic without help).

4. Escape the palace and the kingdom (betting on being able to cast magic without help).
Join the king in pretense, make his wife my slave.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Option 1 is stupid. Why attack and lvl when people had already seen your status? Can your status be seen by everyone? Are they really that stupid to think someone would attack and just lvl themselves up like that? I bet they are used to summoning people and probably have ready their best warriors to defend and kill you the moment you act.

Option 2 is something to consider but plain stupid if you can trust people already like some kind of idiot. You might consider killing yourself thinking people will give you freedom when you already sign your hell contract. (Once written a novel about this circumstances and had been disecting these type of genre).

Option 3 patience is good but too long is stupid. What i mean is that you can wait and find out but gather enough info needed and GTFO the moment opportunity strikes. But leaving is something to be difficult if you think just waiting won't let you be on their watchlist since you probably been probed the moment you act weird in front of people. Plus, even if the king look stupid, I still would consider that he might be cunning inside and already planned my escape.

Option 4 is basically one but more idiotic as the first one. As I said, they EXPECT you to escape so its no wonder they would be relaxed. If you pick this option, I rather you just wear a slave contract than think of escaping when people would even be on guard the moment you escape.

My option? Start expanding your social network(if your an introvert, good luck.). I know it may seem to be weird to start talking but to survive in a harsh world, info is important as gosip is like a weapon people use to gather information. You need to start buttering up to people and slowly gain the necessary need to find an opportunity to escape. When your surrounded by people you don't know, began collecting detail as much as possible before even attempting to escape as it could prove useful if you want to have a better life.

Don't expect everything to be a novel and think realistically to situation. You don't sht where you are, you are alone in that world and even with your magic, you probably just be used as a battery if you make any mistake.

A smart person can think calculatively but a cunning mind think inside and outside the box.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Agree to fight demon Lord. Get training. training. While training get speech craft up, become friends with merchants by giving ideas and signing business contracts both persuasively or forcefully (bidness is cutthroat). After that, when traveling to demon lords domain, quietly escape under the guise of scouting, change identity, and move to another country to be open a bar.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.

“...“ You

2. I'd join the fight against the demon King, for the time being,while cautiosly checking the waters.
Like, i know nothing about the new environment I am in and what information I have is by no means enough to tell me literally anything about anything.
Also, I can't help but notice that you were somehow biased against the King?
Like, for some reason you pointed out that the King is fat (which is not something I take a problem with) or that the Queen is adorned with luxuries (again, she's literally a Queen) or that the guards are on guard (which they should be, it's their job).
Why?

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
I would join the fight, but also start a side hustle of selling fast food and Southern cuisine to the army for fun.

Bristlecone

2. I'd join the fight against the demon King, for the time being,while cautiosly checking the waters.
Like, i know nothing about the new environment I am in and what information I have is by no means enough to tell me literally anything about anything.
Also, I can't help but notice that you were somehow biased against the King?
Like, for some reason you pointed out that the King is fat (which is not something I take a problem with) or that the Queen is adorned with luxuries (again, she's literally a Queen) or that the guards are on guard (which they should be, it's their job).
Why?
Achievement unlocked: open minded person.

Truth.
The king may be overeating because of the stress, the queen may be trying to look good for the heroes, and the guards may be scared of something they don't know.
That last line only makes them evil, only if you already think of them as evil.