What's the best update time?

RockiesRetriever

Specifically in terms of time of day. I upload every Tuesday and Saturday, but I don't have much rhyme or reason to what time of day I update. Any suggestions? Are there other days that would be better?

J_Chemist

There really isn't a prime time. Stay consistent and/or utilize the Scheduler to change the hours that your chapter gets published to maximize the variety of eyes and viewers that get to see your book.

During prime/peak hours, chapters get drowned out anyways from all of the uploads.

LORD_SHAXX

It honestly varies on your time zone. I get a lot of Europea/american readers so I aim for a time that's good for them. So around 3 pm uk time sounds good.

LilRora

Mostly formless
There is no "best" update time, but there are a few hours that probably work best - it would depend on many things:
- around 6 a.m. GMT, because that's when people start to wake in Europe
- around 12 a.m. GMT, because that's when people start to wake in America

America and Europe are where most readers come from (more from America, I think)

You can also move both of those ~10 hours forward, because that's when most people finish school or work.

With that said, all those are for gaining new readers via latest updates, and there are not much people who search for stories there. As long as you update consistently, people who like your story will come.

As for days of the week, it's quite similar. There are people who read only on weekends or something, but as long as you get two chapters done in a week, they will come and read both whenever convenient for them.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
What you should worry about isn't update time. Rather, what you SHOULD be worried about are update consistencies.

It doesn't matter when you update if you only drop once a month. You can drop at the PEAK of this site's traffic and still be met with mediocre views because they see your sporadic update schedules and conclude that it's not worth it to invest until there are enough chapters to fit a reading session. The most successful books here update almost twice a week on average, so the question you SHOULD be asking is "How do I write as much as possible?"

If you HAVE to know, there isn't a best time to update, and even if there is, the margin is so narrow that it's not worth it to calculate. Just schedule your chapters at different times of day and see which one fares you best.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Just be consistent. There is no set good time to release a chapter but you can make it more likely to be clicked on if you're consistent enough.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
12-1 GMT since that's the evening for most places, I think. People will be off work and out of school at that time. Be consistent, too.

Premier

If you want to juice the stats to try get the most views a day possible then releasing just after the daily reset. So about 2am GMT. Else it'll get spread across two days.

Otherwise, whenever is good. I release around 3:30pm GMT as it catches almost everyone leaving work eventually that day.