What's the closest novel you've ever read that was "perfect"?

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
No story is perfect. You could have the best plot, the best characters, but be terrible at executing it. You could be needlessly stretching out the book just for the sake of it.

That being said, surely there are some gems out there, polished or hidden, that manage to create a well rounded story.

A story that has many positive things to it that even the flaws are negligible or simply not big enough to care about.

As for me, my "perfect" novel changes weekly, so I can't exactly trust myself.

LilRora

Mostly formless
The closest I can think of now would probably be Falling Over, Ending Maker, Chronicles of the Exalted Sun Child, Sleep is for the Weak, or yet something else.

I don't really have anything that would stay perfect in my mind. Even if I find a story that I absolutely adore, sooner or later I'll find a flaw in it, if only because my tastes change.

Daitengu

Really depends on my preferences at the time. I can't give an over all "x was perfect to me".
In my teens, probably 2001 space Odyssey. My 20s, Children of Dune or the first Drizzt book. These days I'm partial to Song of the Void.

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
No story is perfect. You could have the best plot, the best characters, but be terrible at executing it. You could be needlessly stretching out the book just for the sake of it.

That being said, surely there are some gems out there, polished or hidden, that manage to create a well rounded story.

A story that has many positive things to it that even the flaws are negligible or simply not big enough to care about.

I mean I'm not sure about perfect but I know a good one

It's really sad but then it's actually pretty good

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

the entire Wheel of Time series was a joy. And the Adventurer's Wanted Series if you enjoy more lighthearted reads. My all-time favorite tho is he Chronicles of Nick. Has fucking everything i love. Clever, likeable MC, hot babes, loyal friends, fuck tones of emotion, good humor with a dark backdrop....also Simi. Simi is the fucking best. She'd slather A-1 sauce on me and have a feast, but you know, im kinda into that shit.

Horizon209

Not a novel per se, but an interactive novel. Definitely The Magium, every character feels real and the world-building is crazy amazing. For the novel, probably chrysalis and ORV.

SternenklarenRitter

I rather liked "Heaven Cent." It had an easy to follow plot, likable and capable characters, adventure through diverse places, a magical penny that teleports the user to whomever needs them the most, and of course the book was packed with puns.

Vnator

I've loved the Dresden Files series, especially after book 2/3, but Dead Beat (book 7) holds a special place in my heart as pretty much perfect! That and Changes, but that one's a special case.

Dieter

the Writer
Shakespeare's Richard III and A Boring Story (From an Old Man's Notebook) by Anton Chekov.

Mephi

Obviously its the story I write for myself.
Nevermind all the glaring flaws I constently find. Or how I wake up every morning and hate everything I wrote the night before

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
The closest I can think of now would probably be Falling Over, Ending Maker, Chronicles of the Exalted Sun Child, Sleep is for the Weak, or yet something else.

I don't really have anything that would stay perfect in my mind. Even if I find a story that I absolutely adore, sooner or later I'll find a flaw in it, if only because my tastes change.
Ending Maker was good