What's the criteria to be on the home page, trending?

The_Lonely_Guy

I was trying to find the relation between trending and reader growth, views, favourites and comments, but so far I couldn't. Is there anyone all knowing here?

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I was trying to find the relation between trending and reader growth, views, favourites and comments, but so far I couldn't. Is there anyone all knowing here?
no one knows the way to get onto trending. that is the mystery of trending. all you need to do is work hard and hope your work gets to trending.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I once got sixth place in trending last year. My story never saw the light of trending ever again. At least, I don't think it did. Scribblehub doesn't exactly tell you when you get to trending. I have no clue how or why and I don't think anyone does except for the mods.

the secret formula is our there. there was a detailed thread with the most trending genres and tags.

SailusGebel

the secret formula is our there. there was a detailed thread with the most trending genres and tags.
Nah, it won't help. If my guesses about trending are correct, getting into trending is based on luck. Or, as I prefer to call it, MAGIC. :blob_shade:

My guess is that how many people read(valid read) when the chapter came out(maybe within 24h) + how many people favorite the chapter that recently been uploaded(maybe within 24h).

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You need to give both of my stories a one-star rating. Everyone else on the trending page has already done this.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
There have been many, many, many threads about this very topic. MY answer? Just dont fucking worry about it. Trending ain't shit. Its just gonna lead you into a rabbit hole of obsession and self doubt.
"I couldnt make it to trending so I must not be very good"
Such nonsense is just gonna mess with your head.

My other guess is that, how long your reader is reading the series, like how a curtain amount reader keep reading your story for an hour without stopping.
There have been many, many, many threads about this very topic. MY answer? Just dont fucking worry about it. Trending ain't shit. Its just gonna lead you into a rabbit hole of obsession and self doubt.
"I couldnt make it to trending so I must not be very good"
Such nonsense is just gonna mess with your head.
To me, its more like satisfying my curiosity on how it work than worrying about it.

Last edited:

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
No one knows. I made it once to #9, and I finished my story soon after lol. So, I don't even know how it works. Just be happy to have readers. Write for yourself too. Eventually, you might reach it. And if you don't, well, don't worry about it. If I am rudely honest, half of the works there are grade school quality. So, it doesn't say much about anyone else's work.

Being on trending means you got lucky, and that is it. c: So, just be happy and create!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
My other guess is that, how long your reader is reading the series, like how a curtain amount reader keep reading your story for an hour without stopping.

To me, its more like satisfying my curiosity on how it work than worrying about it.
i can understand that. Tho im more interested in how tags are ranked.

i can understand that. Tho im more interested in how tags are ranked.
Probably by combining amount valid read + amount of favourite and put it as a score, or a ratio of (number of favourite):(number of valid read) of the series or combining both of them.

_oinkchan

Above 4.5 stars, update, comments, likes consistency.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
The best explanation I saw was that you need to have an unusual amount of activity all at once. That activity should be reader interactions, as well.

Comments, favorites, ratings, maybe valid reads.