What's the deal with wordpress?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I'm trying to read a translated story I found on novel updates but it led me to wordpress that says I gotta sign in. Sure, what's one more goddamn online profile to have under my belt? So I go to sign up and despite a rudimentary google search saying wordpress is free the site is talking about "annual payments " and stuff about domains, which I most certainly ain't interested in.
I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box but did I press the wrong button and accidentally stumble onto fuckin wordpress premium? All this in the search of a random story...

ARedFox

That has never happened to me. I’ve only run into a Wordpress site with redirect malware or something. That said I haven’t read every novel from NU on Wordpress, so I can’t say I know it all.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm pretty sure I've had similar experiences with Wordpress a few years ago. I never went back.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I don't hate wordpress because the novel chapters I read on rss feeds from the sites that have wordpress load completely in my feed reader

Daitengu

The only time I had that happen was when the translator quit. So I can't help you there.

Ellen_Dunkel

I'm trying to read a translated story I found on novel updates but it led me to wordpress that says I gotta sign in. Sure, what's one more goddamn online profile to have under my belt? So I go to sign up and despite a rudimentary google search saying wordpress is free the site is talking about "annual payments " and stuff about domains, which I most certainly ain't interested in.
I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box but did I press the wrong button and accidentally stumble onto fuckin wordpress premium? All this in the search of a random story...
I think that wordpress redirected you to its sales website. WordPress was just trying to sell you a website, not charge you money for visiting one

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I think that wordpress redirected you to its sales website. WordPress was just trying to sell you a website, not charge you money for visiting one
I also think this is the case. Maybe the TL stopped using the site.

snake

if you don't mind, novel title please.