What's the favourite show of a character's power you ever wrote?

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Doesn't really need to be an explicit show of power, like the slaughter Ainz did in third season of Overlord, can be a psychological mind game between several people, but it can be something like how the character is treated. Though, of course explicit shows of power are appreciated too.

Mine would be how I first introduced the main character of one of my series in another series of mine: the character in question was just shown walking in outer space with a normal human's pace... But he just spent unbelievable amounts of time to leasurely conquer the distance across several galaxies, not even caring about the vastness of space, the loneliness, about anything. He treated it like a normal walk and just did it for the sake of it, without paying it much significance and that was admittedly the most badass thing I ever wrote a character do in my opinion.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
i dunno man, i mean my mc once made an overpowered dragon lady eat onion rings off his dick. Like, its not exactly badass, per se, but if thats not a power move i dunno what is. i don't think he's done much especially cool things so far. He's mainly just flexed on people...uh, lets see, what else?

ah, he scared the shit out of a couple of guards then forced them to jerk each other off once. Does that count? i think it should count.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I like Chapter 17 of my story where Joan lays down the law for Seto. She knows what she wants in her relationships, and she knows what sacrifices she is and isn't willing to make. She stands firm there.

OvidLemma

(Spoilers) In my story, Visions of Dark & Light, one of the characters, Rill, is a fire goddess summoned into a human body. At first, her powers are greatly weakened, but they gradually grow as she uses them and becomes used to how they work with her new body. In one heist scene, she gets into a heavily reinforced vault by superheating her hands and reaching into the metal, since it melts with contact. I thought that was pretty cool. Her boyfriend, the main character Ezra, can only cast little baby spells (so far), but he can cast them incredibly quickly. When Rill is captured, he helps her escape by summoning a dime-sized portal to the inside of a powerful enemy's skull and shooting a magical needle through the portal, instantly lobotomizing the guy.

TLCsDestiny

One of my characters nuked a floating magical capital in the sky. They had to leave behind the codex.

RuggyRuggy

It's currently part of my backlog, so it hasn't been published yet, but the main character of my story pretty much bends a metal warehouse into a crude, rusty, sword-shaped object using Telekinesis.

Like there was a warehouse. And now it's bent, squashed, and crushed until it's like a fifteen foot sword.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
It's currently part of my backlog, so it hasn't been published yet, but the main character of my story pretty much bends a metal warehouse into a crude, rusty, sword-shaped object using Telekinesis.

Like there was a warehouse. And now it's bent, squashed, and crushed until it's like a fifteen foot sword.
know what would be even cooler? if he did that same thing...but made it into a sandal. Then proceeded to beat up his enemies with it. Imagine a bunch of bad guys just getting their asses handed to them by a dude wielding a fifteen foot long sandal. lol. that's be hilarious.

edit: nevermind, i just said it myself. it'd be funny, not cool. good flex tho

Aachiin0914

Oh. I'm still writing this and still haven't post anything about this novel.but this character is my favorite.

He looked weak and doesn't have much fire power but he seems immortal. He can't be killed by any normal attacks or power, curses or anything. Any attack he received it will just be transferred or absorbed by his teddy bear that is full of patches and stiches.

The only one who could kill himself is himself. Well, like suicide. But he have the ability to kill anyone by killing himself in some point when a certain circumstances were met.

I like it when he killed himself. Or when he just stood there receiving all kinds of attacks.

I especially love it when his teddy bear went angry and goes berserk, becoming a teddy bear monster. Hehehe.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
My favourites tend to come from stories about a character called Rowan. His original name/role is King Gweledydd Golau of the Elves, in a world in which elves are supposed to be servants to the world order, and most of them are supposed to be mindless/soulless/heartless beings. They're all Eldritch and Rowan is honestly the most Eldritch of them all.

He essentially has the power of the future. He's able to predict it, and he's also able to see how it can be changed. If something is possible to do - if you can imagine it, or even if you can't - Rowan can tell you how it can be done (and how to do it safely, if he likes you).
Resurrecting the dead? Piece of cake. Curing infertility? No bother. Overthrowing the OP tyrant who controls 80% of the world and has killed countless heroes before you? You can do it and be back before lunch.

For various reasons, he's now refusing to call himself Gweledydd or be King of the Elves, and is currently the househusband of the newly crowned King of the World (i.e. God).

But his history is the history of the world, and there are thousands upon thousands of stories from when he was Gweledydd in the Time of Legends. And quite a lot of them are just horrible, bloody revenge tales outlining why you shouldn't pick fights with beings mortal minds can barely comprehend.

I think my favourite of his tales is the one where a newly appointed king is forced to come and introduce himself to Gweledydd, but he despises having to lower himself before another person. The human king tells Gweledydd that he doesn't believe in his prophecies - which is a huge taboo that triggers Gweledydd's inbuilt need to give you a fate worse than death.

As per usual for people he really doesn't like, Gweledydd decides to give the king a prophecy for free: he tells him that he'll die at the hands of a green-eyed woman.

For all his boasting, the king becomes instantly paranoid. His life-long love has green eyes, and he's certain that Gweledydd means that she'll betray him in the future. To save himself, he sends her away, and then also banishes and chases off any other green-eyed woman who comes near him. He creates strict and barely logical laws to protect himself. He ends up marrying a tiny, weak woman with brown hair and eyes and a mousy personality, and he bullies and manipulates her to make sure that she could never be a threat to him. (Alas, his poor wife was tricked into marrying him for love.)

By the time he reaches seventy, he considers himself to have won the bet. He goes back to Gweledydd, sending his whole entourage away, and laughs in front of his throne that the elf is powerless after all.

But his wife was in his entourage, and elves know how to treat their guests properly. Rather than set her in a hall with all the knights and soldiers, he has her brought to the room adjoining his throne room, where she can listen in while enjoying the very best of refreshments. There are even some interesting items left there for her perusal - including an enchanted sword that will stab through flesh in one go, regardless of the strength of the person using it.

Gweledydd listens patiently while the king boasts about outwitting him and details all the brutal ways in which he managed it. When he's done, he points out that the king already lost, because he obviously believed Gweledydd's prophecy for most of his life. Furthermore, if he had truly ignored the elf's words and lived without paranoia, he would have had a happy life, because his lover was completely loyal to him.

Those are words that the king can't take. He finally realises his mistake and has a mental breakdown, screaming about how stupid he was to have given up the love of his life for the "weak, spineless, pathetic creature" that he married.

And while he's shouting to his heart's content, his jealous wife stabs him through the heart from behind.

This type is a more common story. A desperate prince and his knights come to Gweledydd seeking instructions on how to cure their king from an evil curse. Rather than begging as supplicants, they expect that Gweledydd will "do his duty" as a "servant of mortals" and cough up the answers right away. In short, they're extremely rude.

Gweldydd can't refuse them the prohpecy, so he tells them that they need an ancient potion kept in a distant and abandoned ruin - all true. He gives them detailed instructions on how to get there, what to prepare to avoid the dangers it holds, and even to avoid the bridge that looks stable but will actually break under their feet.

They follow it all down to the T and get there in excellent condition, ready to grab the cure.

Except that he didn't bother to tell them about the dragon that can only be defeated with a particular holy weapon kept in a different part of the world, which he also didn't tell them to pick up.

So they all burn to death instantly, with the cure only a few feet in front of them.

Quoth the elf: "Fuck you."

DubstheDuke

One of my characters lifted up 10,000 men, created a tornado around herself made from these men, then compacted them into a giant ball of people, weapons, and armor, which she then carried through the cities as if she was a little girl holding a balloon. She then sucked these people into a void, and extracted them from nothingness only to slice them up bit by bit, placing their body parts in storage while absorbing their souls into herself.

RimuThighHighs

I have it planned a way down the line in my story it's not so much a power play as it is an outright declaration of war.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
my character can cook, do housework, and take care of his personal hygiene. can yours?

yeah, didn't think so, chump.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I think i wrote this in the past and at first he didn't feel like an OP character. In the end, i literally created a fantasy version of half-deadpool and half-doomslayer.

The kid was born in Japan and is a pacifistic, get sent to isekai and his power is just reincarnation. Nope, no upgrades or anything like that, just rebirth and nothing else.

King saw this and feel like he is useless and even the world is peaceful since the Demon king is just a guy who wanted to expand his territory like a normal king would and he would even make peace treaties with other nations.

Tyrant king be wanting to conquer the world and summoned the MC. MC didn't even know that he was literally choosen by a sadistic goodess who wanted to torture the MC so he would fear everyone but herself and act like a saintly figure to him.

MC experience true hell as he not only was tortured in half a year to be some labrat, he was used as meatshield by some adventurers for literally a year.

MC knew he can fight back but he was only design to just get reborn(and his reborn isn't nice as well since he would experience 100x the pain after he died). And this kid was only 10 years old.

At 11, he finally snapped when he was offed to by a dragon and being eaten alive. So, he died more times there and still continued to fight back but his bare hands do not sht against a dragon. But he remembers that eating a dragon can literally boost a person's strength so he ate the dragon while kept on dying. His sanity just broke and his will only wishes to escape from eternal pain.

There, fantasy deadpool/doomslayer was born and he's ready for some paybacks.

He started off literally bringing hell back at the empire(which turned to a kingdom) and only saved those innocent since he is still not a psychopath.... Yet.

His road to true psychopath had started when he saved his lover when she was almost executed by the church but died by his hands due to the goddess brainwashing.

As to why he couldn't kill the goddess was only because he can't access heaven. And he decided to use the other summoned heroes to get the key and killed the goddess. I think thats the end i think.
How OP My char is?

1. He ate a dragon while inside and he didn't have any OP sht on him, just revival.
  2. Learns many magic even able to go back and forth to his world easily. (needs only to see the location to where he needs to teleport).
  3. Turned an empire to a kingdom after he was tortured. He just didn't ruined the whole place because he met nice folks there who treated him as human.
  4. He is the reason why the apocalpse monters don't show up to conquer the continent(its on my backlog on my notebook which was kinda long gone now).
  5. Tried to make a very long side arc that at the end of the arc, a girl thought he was dead and her gift was just a finger. Turns out he can respawn as long he has any bodypart left.
I think thats it i believe. I didn't continue the novel because i felt depressed and only came back writing but it was a new novel instead.