What's the most petty reason you've had for dropping a novel?

UnknownNovelist

Just a random question that popped into mind.

I can go first; MC picked bow and arrow as main weapon in a Cultivation/xianxia novel.

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
I hated how the blonde was a top. Blondes are ALWAYS bottom

Draconis_Vermicul

The economy didn't make sense. Guard wages were far to high for the economy that we were shown. And a reason wasn't given other than the author felt like guard wages should be high.
Don't know why the economy not being consistent was enough but it made me irrationally unhappy.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I stockpiled it for binge, then got too tired to read from where I left off, read from latest chapter instead, could not made head or tail of it and dropped the work. Overgeared is one of them.

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
Had the main character (who was in hiding) be found out by another character that was introduced within the same chapter. They just threw in this supposedly important character with no setup and said that the main character knew them. You can't just throw in a major character with some weird retcon within a single chapter. It also frustrated me that this character had a shtick which wasn't even possible (as far as the reader knew). The author gave us a left-field backstory with a left field character with a left-field gimmick, all of which having no setup.

i don't want to fucking read further when the mc end up dating a guy after all these yuri baits

even if the romance is supposedly well-written, i really don't like when they bring it up all of sudden and ruining all these built-ups.

and the context is mtf gender bend stories, i always drop everything that implies bisexual protagonist.

Daitengu

Got tired of people getting railroaded by mind control, drugs, and/or slavery AND loving it. It's just lazy and mind control is just entirely too op to work in stories.

UnknownNovelist

I stockpiled it for binge, then got too tired to read from where I left off, read from latest chapter instead, could not made head or tail of it and dropped the work. Overgeared is one of them.
Don't know if that's petty, but more being lazy? 🤔
🤣😂😂

it’s always gotta be a sword right?

hmm… I think the most petty reason I’ve dropped one is because the main character’s name was Jacob.
I mean, it HAS to be a sword. I can make do if the MC chooses a spear, but then it has to be a damn good story.