What's the worst negative you received (or read)?

"The MC has a generic haircut."

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Worst negative?

"I'm glad you won't try to do it. Only Andur can do it well."

This is not an isolated incident. That's why Ai-chan doesn't post on Royalroad anymore. Too many Andur cocksuckers there. Andur himself is fine, Ai-chan never communicated with him. It's his fans who go around other authors pages telling people "This story is shit. Go read Andur." who pissed Ai-chan off.
Lol Andur? While his story-writing is perhaps above-average, ALL of his Main Characters from every novel of his have the EXACT same traits. Read one story, and they'll all start to blend together with each new one until you have to make sure you remember who is who. Guarantee it, the male MC is a mage-scholar, a bit bloodthirsty, but suddenly lacks a spine when a woman is involved. He ALWAYS for whatever reason, has to mention his chocolate fetish. There is numerous gags about him being a "hermit" in every novel. Female MC is always the more melee-based brawler of the two, always lacks any magic ability but is typically skilled in alchemy to make up for her lack of magic. Is usually a Tsundere in various forms of intensity, money-grubbing, etc.

The Male and Female MC's are eventually married, and it's one of the most toxic relationships imaginable that is only held together because Andur wishes it to be. His idea of romance is...tragic to say the least. Andur is an okay guy until you point out these kinds of things to him and how ALL of his MC's are the exact same throughout each story, and he will say something along the lines of "troll" or some other (insert random BS poor me response). I mentioned it, and then was backed up by various others who suddenly noticed the same kinds of things after I mentioned it, and that only served to irritate Andur more. Hasn't spoken to me since.

Now, this is no real fault. Most webnovel writers don't handle criticism well. The default response is "damn those trolls", rinse and repeat. I mean, the number of threads this place used to get when I was around more often, with people whining about 1-stars, with the posters automatically assuming it was the work of trolls....well you get what I'm saying.

LilTV1155

Gave it to someone to read.
Their comment after flipping 1-10 pages in 5 seconds, "It's good."
And no review and afterthoughts cuz reader is not a Reader.

Reactions: CL

bigbear51

Now, this is no real fault. Most webnovel writers don't handle criticism well. The default response is "damn those trolls", rinse and repeat. I mean, the number of threads this place used to get when I was around more often, with people whining about 1-stars, with the posters automatically assuming it was the work of trolls....well you get what I'm saying.
There's certainly a few that pop up from time to time. I guess me popping up and being a dick instead of everyone else giving their pity is enough to make them think twice. Just kidding of course. I think after Tony made it "harder" to rate a story on here. There's a little less room for people to claim that it's trolling.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Lol Andur? While his story-writing is perhaps above-average, ALL of his Main Characters from every novel of his have the EXACT same traits. Read one story, and they'll all start to blend together with each new one until you have to make sure you remember who is who. Guarantee it, the male MC is a mage-scholar, a bit bloodthirsty, but suddenly lacks a spine when a woman is involved. He ALWAYS for whatever reason, has to mention his chocolate fetish. There is numerous gags about him being a "hermit" in every novel. Female MC is always the more melee-based brawler of the two, always lacks any magic ability but is typically skilled in alchemy to make up for her lack of magic. Is usually a Tsundere in various forms of intensity, money-grubbing, etc.

The Male and Female MC's are eventually married, and it's one of the most toxic relationships imaginable that is only held together because Andur wishes it to be. His idea of romance is...tragic to say the least. Andur is an okay guy until you point out these kinds of things to him and how ALL of his MC's are the exact same throughout each story, and he will say something along the lines of "troll" or some other (insert random BS poor me response). I mentioned it, and then was backed up by various others who suddenly noticed the same kinds of things after I mentioned it, and that only served to irritate Andur more. Hasn't spoken to me since.

Who is Andur?
someone said my MC was cringe for being racist (speciest?) towards elves. also fuck elves
I approve of this message. Fuck elves.

CL

Worst negative?

"I'm glad you won't try to do it. Only Andur can do it well."

This is not an isolated incident. That's why Ai-chan doesn't post on Royalroad anymore. Too many Andur cocksuckers there. Andur himself is fine, Ai-chan never communicated with him. It's his fans who go around other authors pages telling people "This story is shit. Go read Andur." who pissed Ai-chan off.
I don't know who or what Andur is, but I can say for a fact that it is a dick move to compare a story with another story written by a different author (rivalry and contests are an exception).
someone said my MC was cringe for being racist (speciest?) towards elves. also fuck elves
I approve of this message. Fuck elves.
Yeah, fuck those mangy rabbits! :blobspearpeek:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Once got a one star review on royal road that said "didn't like it. Characters were assholes to each other."
How dare you show accurate human behavior.
I don't know who or what Andur is, but I can say for a fact that it is a dick move to compare a story with another story written by a different author (rivalry and contests are an exception).

Yeah, fuck those mangy rabbits! :blobspearpeek:
Thank you.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

i need to know who this andur lad is this is fucking interesting. what story did he write.

Those damned pointy-eared bastards? Yeah, fuck them! literally, cuz I heard they're hot.
selectively hot, to say the least. there's the fat thick elves from the manga series, the dark-skinned elves hentai troupe, the usual anorexic elves, the anvil elves, the voluptuous elves, etc. at this point, elves are so ubiquitous in media with so many spin off to their traits that saying you like fucking elves is like saying you like women with the only caveat being that you probably have a thing for pointy ears.

Blind_Watcher

Andur
https://www.royalroad.com/profile/3091/fictions

Why would being told his MC's are all the same tick him off? They are very literally the same person, it's a reincarnation cycle shared universe thing. Actually, if you kept insisting on it, I could see why he would call you a troll. Imagine being told water is wet over and over again, at some point you will get mad.

People call my MC's spineless because they aren't immediately bloodthirsty maniacs. This is kind of funny since both characters demonstrate decent growth in becoming assertive and are quite violent when the occasion calls for it.

KyoruS

“The guy really needs to work on his writing because I don’t think this is the first time he’s done this”

Said by one of the critic of my story. When in fact, this is actually the first time I’ve ever written a story. This comment just confuses me more than any other negative reviews I’ve received. Like, is this a compliment… or an insult? I will never know.

skillet

a frying pan
WAIT I thought I didn't have any negative comments but I suddenly remembered one from like back in 2016 when I was writing fanfiction. Dark times, obviously (lol) but anyhow

I had to look it up, but word for word:
"Humanity needs to stop stealing from Norse mythology.
Also Greek mythology. This is getting old!
Can't come up with something original it would seem."

...my five-chapter fanfic was a fluffy bookshop owner AU with not a word about Norse or Greek mythology. It is both the most bewildering comment I have ever received and also the funniest. I cackle over it every now and then haha

Also, my roommate makes lofi music (and does it pretty well ngl) and she once got a comment that said "nice, but you should find better recording software because it sounds like you recorded that on a cassette tape" which... was..... the point...????? cause it's lofi??????? pfft

cheriechechan

I remember something about this. Once there was a demanding reader somewhere in this website who commented on my stories as and he claims to be "trashy/shitty" and gave me a one-star rating afterwards.

At first, I got mad but at the end at I felt pity to that judgmental math teacher who does not know how to use paragraph spacing.

chat_bot

"Your series sucks because the MC is not OP," from years ago (I dislike pointlessly OP MCs most of the time)

Temple

"Your series sucks because the MC is not OP," from years ago (I dislike pointlessly OP MCs most of the time)
I got something like this before when I tried to post my story on Webnovel. I didn't know anything about the site's reputation back then. Good thing that comment made me stop publishing on that site.