What's with merging?

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
If you try to post twice in a row, it now all gets merged into one.

If I wanted one post, I would have made one post.

Wassupwitdat

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Simple, Spam.
There was a recent time where some active people double-posted frequently, which lead to some of our friends here to always report them and if I guessed right, it was implemented to stop the frequent double-posting.

Last edited:

Daitengu

I've accidentally double posted several times. I got a shit internet connection and it drops me around every 30 minutes on average.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I've accidentally double posted several times. I got a shit internet connection and it drops me around every 30 minutes on average.
I thought the system will auto delete the duplicate? Iirc NUF does that when I did it.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
If you try to post twice in a row, it now all gets merged into one.

If I wanted one post, I would have made one post.

Wassupwitdat
Double Posting has always been against the rules. Tony recently added a plugin that automatically merges double posts though, so now I don't need to manually report every double post I come across.
I thought the system will auto delete the duplicate? Iirc NUF does that when I did it.
NUF uses an old version of xenforo that doesn't have access to any double-post manager plugin, so all double posts need to be manually merged.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
NUF uses an old version of xenforo that doesn't have access to any double-post manager plugin, so all double posts need to be manually merged.
Now I pity the mods who have to spend a minute or less to merge my posts.

I will now send them my thoughts and prayers because I don't want to spend my nuffian dollars on coffee.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Now I pity the mods who have to spend a minute or less to merge my posts.

I will now send them my thoughts and prayers because I don't want to spend my nuffian dollars on coffee.
Give 'em some coffee.

Reactions: Ref