Whats your current excuse for procrastinating?

AmericanWeeb

It's because the modular option of homeschooling just gave me six books to finish in five hours. Well, unlike you people, mine went masochistic af.

Joshimitsu

Not trying to write a sob story or looking for pit or anything, but I'm autistic and have co-morbid anxiety, depression and OCD which I've been struggling with for pretty much my entire life. Most of the time, the reason I procrastinate is because I'm going through a particularly bad spell of depression and I basically can't bring myself to do anything. When that happens, it's not unusual for me to not be able to write for extended periods of time.

klazy-labbit

I just go dead for a while and emerge back after finally writing way after schedule saying "sorry, here you go."

mir

I think I have anxiety centered around promises. Even things I was doing without problem before become incredibly hard once I promise to do them, and I procrastinate on them a hell of alot. I hate it. Makes me act/feel like a horrible person, and it's hard to get anything done since it happens with things I promise myself too.
- signed Currently Procrastinating

Stratothrax

A really good tip I learned to avoid a drop in motivation is to not tell any of the people you know about your plans and instead work on them in secret. This is because telling people your plans releases the same chemical in your brain that telling someone an accomplishment does.
This causes you to lose a certain amount of drive because part of your brain already thinks you have completed your goal.

I've avoided a lot of procrastination and kept motivation up by avoiding this

Last edited:

placeintime

Yeeting myself out
my excuse for procrastinating is that I'm thinking about how to grind in maple and ranking up in valorant.

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
I used to procrastinate on school to write. But now I don’t have school....I haven’t been writing. I’ve been drawing lots lately tho. I do want to write tho. I juS’ get sucked into world building.