What's Your Favorite Literature and Why?

Ethereal

What's Your Favorite Literature and Why?

It can be anything as long as it's literature, a poem, a book, a web novel, a light novel, a fan fiction, a short story, a novella, a manga, a comic, a manhua, a manhwa, a webtoon, anything except religious or scientific documents.

I don't want christians and athiests going at it in the comments becuase someone called the bible their favorite fiction or something cuz lets face it if someone said that about a paper on evolution you'd be pissed off.

Regardless let's have fun and remember be nice.

Attachments

• landscape-wallpaper-fantasy-landscape-and-dark-fantasy-on-pinterest.jpg
    landscape-wallpaper-fantasy-landscape-and-dark-fantasy-on-pinterest.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 126

RedPanda

The night angel trilogy, written by Brent Weeks. Why? It's a damn cool story.
Also, the manga Needless with its great combination of parody and action.

cyanwaw

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. It’s just simply such an incredible story from beginning to end. Decided to read it before watching Gankutsuo and it ruined any enjoyment in watching the anime for me. It’s like watching Fate/Zero and then moving on to Deen’s Fate/StayNight.

Storymask

I enjoy the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. At first, I didn't think I'd like it all that much since I found the first book of the series to just be okay. But since I bought the 3 pack special I went ahead and read the next book in the series, one which focused on Werewolves and I really liked that one. After that, I have been enjoying each successive book released in the series.

As for web novels, I like two (well I like a lot more than two... but to keep this short) the ones I read are Fields of Gold which is a foodie slice of life drama with links to lots of tasty food pics at the bottom of each daily chapter and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear which is a fun light hearted Isekai story. On a side note, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear just got picked up for publication so I'm not sure how much longer you'll be able to find it online before the publisher steps in and closes those translation websites down.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
My favourite literature?

To be honest, what is true literature?

What can be my favourite media that also can be portrayed as literature?

Can a fridge magnet be literature? Can the Karens' Live, Laugh, Love be considered as true literature? How about the inspiring lyrics from Lil' Pump's Gucci Gang? It had made me feel rich and powerful with his repetitive use of the famous clothing brand.

To me, there isn't anything I'd consider my favourite literature, and this is because everything is irrelevant. Anything can be literature if you put the words to it. The moaning pain of a GI. Joe in Vietnam can be literature, portraying the needless suffering of a political indifference. The beeps from my grandfather's dialysis machine can be literature, signifying hope for his hopelessly drunken life. Shrek can be literature, for it shows that even the stinkiest of onions can experience unparalleled happiness from a true ending.

Thus concludes my words. There is no favourite literature out there, only inspiring ones.

I also like Ajin, Berserk, Beastars and Jack Reacher.

Jo Jo bizarre adventures😀
MY MAN (p8 hat josuke best JoJo imo)

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. It’s just simply such an incredible story from beginning to end. Decided to read it before watching Gankutsuo and it ruined any enjoyment in watching the anime for me. It’s like watching Fate/Zero and then moving on to Deen’s Fate/StayNight.
MY BOY. It's also my all-time favorite. Read it after The Man in the Iron Mask back in high-school and it became my fave to this day. It's just classy and I love how Dantes had to question himself if he went too far with his deliverance of justice. Such a masterpiece. Unlike you though, I did enjoy watching Gankutsuo only for its visual appeal and shift of setting. What I didn't like was the movie of Jim Caviezel where he still ended up with Mercedes. However, that movie makes me laugh every time Edmond's son shows up. Seeing Henry Cavill so young makes me giggle.

Silver_Sky

My favorite story is definitely monstre charmant (beautiful monster) from urban legends of sauville in the anime gosick (which I recommend it may not be action but it is good)

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
hmm for LN it would be
Youjo Senki
Rakuin no Monshou and
Overlord

for Western Book I think 'twould be
Percy Jackson series

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
The novel Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru.

Ral

I have many favorites. Watership Down (novel, great story that doesn't shy away for difficult materials), Anne of Green Gables (novel series, just so mesmerizing in how it draws you in with its setting and characters), Around the World in Eighty Days (novel, now that is an adventure story), Mother of Learning (web novel, it uses its concepts to the fullest), Overlord (light novel series, kinda slipped the further it goes but the first few books uses its concept in interesting ways), The Changeling of the Guard (fan fiction, another story that uses it concept really well), Dungeon Keeper Ami (fan fiction, now a proper crossover fiction), Fire-Breather (HFY short story, really liked almost everything about, would love to have it in a longer form), The Ride-On King (manga, best isekai story), Brutus and Pixie (comics, so cute and funny)

so many more.

Last edited:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
The Little Prince is the only required reading from school that I would enjoy rereading.

Undocumented Features is the largest fanfic I have ever encountered. I especially find memorable the concept of artificial stupidity. Pointing out that the synonyms of wedge are antonyms of each other is another example of their humor.

"At home, I would play a paper piano during my free time." -Kai (Piano no Mori v16 c139)

Goswick

Drunken Australian
To be honest, what is true literature?

What can be my favourite media that also can be portrayed as literature?

Can a fridge magnet be literature? Can the Karens' Live, Laugh, Love be considered as true literature? How about the inspiring lyrics from Lil' Pump's Gucci Gang? It had made me feel rich and powerful with his repetitive use of the famous clothing brand.

To me, there isn't anything I'd consider my favourite literature, and this is because everything is irrelevant. Anything can be literature if you put the words to it. The moaning pain of a GI. Joe in Vietnam can be literature, portraying the needless suffering of a political indifference. The beeps from my grandfather's dialysis machine can be literature, signifying hope for his hopelessly drunken life. Shrek can be literature, for it shows that even the stinkiest of onions can experience unparalleled happiness from a true ending.

Thus concludes my words. There is no favourite literature out there, only inspiring ones.

This is my favourite literature.

ForestDweller

I just read the manga of Count of Monte Cristo, and that's basically how you should write revenge stories. MC even has unlimited money and qt slave girl waifu. 😛

Makes me want to write a slave girl character for my story's harem. But I want a spicy one like her. 😛