What's Your Favorite Original Character You've Ever Made?

Ethereal

What's Your Favorite Original Character You've Ever Made?

Feel free to rant about your original character but try to include why their your favorite and be descriptive about who they are.

Maybe toss in a backstory, but definitly feel free to rant about your original character.

TLCsDestiny

Anonym. She does whatever she wants.
She's like that for a reason though and I don't blame her.
She is probably the character that would hate me the most lol

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
Doan! Bit cheating there, they're technically three tiny slimegirls in a trenchcoat. They used to be human (and male), but kind of stepped into a magical trap that had secretly been custom-designed for their trans and plural ass. They have a very fun character dynamic of switching between three different types of thinking in an instant depending on who's emotions are the strongest, of being able to split apart into any combination of each of themselves, and in general of falling in love with basically any cute girl who shows a modicum of kindness towards their person(s).

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
Well, it's subject to change when I make an even better one but right now it's Elanorh-maih, who is a half white-elf and half dark-elf who goes adventuring with his uncle in another world that he fell into that is pretty much dark/high-fantasy. his name stems from a conlang I made and the suffix -maih means troublemaker while his actual name comes from two words, Elah (light/bright) Norh (sky). His body type is lithe and lean and he has white hair like most white-elves but his skin is slightly greyish like a dark-elf and his body strength is astonishing for his size.

He likes to mess with people, so he uses his half-blood lineage to do that a lot. In the world he comes from white-elves are incredibly stupid and peaceful, while dark-elves are warlike but extremely intelligent and cunning, so he has inherited a bit of both traits. Also since elves are long-lived, they only reach adulthood when they're about 100 years old, give or take a few decades, and Elanorh is like 57 so he has the heart of a mischievous child. White-elves actually take longer to mature, and according to dark-elf standards he is basically a child with down-syndrome. He has trouble speaking as white-elves don't technically have a language.

I could write more, but I'll spare you.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
She's a drunkard with a microwave for a head

of course there's more to it but not now

LWFlouisa

I'm not sure how to answer the question. Nadine used to be loosely based on a younger version of me, back when I had worked at Goodwill. So the entire plot was me venting pre gender transition anxieties. She was a favorite at the time.

As I look at it now I'm like ... what's this crap? I've changed a lot over the years. The Dysphoria is still present, but the way I explore science fiction more generally is more like Magical Realism than Hard SF.

The MC in Magnet Girl Wireless is more like how I am now.

I guess that happens when real life is your inspiration.

There is still some of that "ultimate outsider" thing going on, where I can't quite hack socializing with goths, scene kids, or punks. Even Anarchists is kind of difficult sometimes.

Ethereal

Well, it's subject to change when I make an even better one but right now it's Elanorh-maih, who is a half white-elf and half dark-elf who goes adventuring with his uncle in another world that he fell into that is pretty much dark/high-fantasy. his name stems from a conlang I made and the suffix -maih means troublemaker while his actual name comes from two words, Elah (light/bright) Norh (sky). His body type is lithe and lean and he has white hair like most white-elves but his skin is slightly greyish like a dark-elf and his body strength is astonishing for his size.

He likes to mess with people, so he uses his half-blood lineage to do that a lot. In the world he comes from white-elves are incredibly stupid and peaceful, while dark-elves are warlike but extremely intelligent and cunning, so he has inherited a bit of both traits. Also since elves are long-lived, they only reach adulthood when they're about 100 years old, give or take a few decades, and Elanorh is like 57 so he has the heart of a mischievous child. White-elves actually take longer to mature, and according to dark-elf standards he is basically a child with down-syndrome. He has trouble speaking as white-elves don't technically have a language.

I could write more, but I'll spare you.
sounds cool

Ethereal

I'm not sure how to answer the question. Nadine used to be loosely based on a younger version of me, back when I had worked at Goodwill. So the entire plot was me venting pre gender transition anxieties. She was a favorite at the time.

As I look at it now I'm like ... what's this crap? I've changed a lot over the years. The Dysphoria is still present, but the way I explore science fiction more generally is more like Magical Realism than Hard SF.

The MC in Magnet Girl Wireless is more like how I am now.

I guess that happens when real life is your inspiration.

There is still some of that "ultimate outsider" thing going on, where I can't quite hack socializing with goths, scene kids, or punks. Even Anarchists is kind of difficult sometimes.
Sounds difficult

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
sounds cool
Yeap, I'm still ironing out details, but he also knows how to do enchantments which leads to a bunch of shenanigans, because the world they fall into doesn't have magic, and magicians in Elanorh-maih's world are considered deviants and hunted.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
As I am a proponent of the hermeneutic circle and the fact that all characters often tell much about their authors and considering that I haven't created yet that many, my choice is obvious.

Slight megalomania combined with traces of minor insanity. So, what do you want more?

I wrote this character based on a dream I had. I think I was in some ruins and stood in midst of a crater, and the said person saved me from being flattened by an enormous diamond. I don't really remember anyone else trying to save my life, inside my dream.

That's why, when I talked 'bout him, I looked up to him in high regard. The way he made the building-sized diamond float with ease, was damn cool.

The name's Telekinesis Edwire. His appearance was that of a gloved hand, with an eye symbol in its centre. True to his 'Telekinesis' name, he was able to move objects wtih a thought.

He spoke formally, in a British accent and quite particular 'bout being a gentlemen, and also love to educate someone on being one, regardless if they're men or women. Can appear stuck-up at first, but actually pretty open and had a good sense of humor (at least, according to me).

When he ate, he'd just suck up things inside the eye, but still 'used' fork and knife to 'spoon' it. That point aside, his demeanor's quite refined, like an exemplary gentlemen.

I think I first wrote about him in some dream compilation I haven't posted yet--maybe I forgot 'bout it and deleted the files midway, but I still remember the folk clearly to this day.

I don't think I can write him as a main character, but imo he can make a good sidekick.

Last edited:

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
I wrote this character based on a dream I had. I think I was in some ruins and stood in midst of a crater, and the said person saved me from being flattened by an enormous diamond. I don't really remember anyone else trying to save my life, inside my dream.

That's why, when I talked 'bout him, I looked up to him in high regard. The way he made the building-sized diamond float with ease, was damn cool.

The name's Telekinesis Edwire. His appearance was that of a gloved hand, with an eye symbol in its centre. True to his 'Telekinesis' name, he was able to move objects wtih a thought.

He spoke formally, in a British accent and quite particular 'bout being a gentlemen, and also love to educate someone on being one, regardless if they're men or women. Can appear stuck-up at first, but actually pretty open and had a good sense of humor (at least, according to me).

When he ate, he'd just suck up things inside the eye, but still 'used' fork and knife to 'spoon' it. That point aside, his demeanor's quite refined, like an exemplary gentlemen.

I think I first wrote about him in some dream compilation I haven't posted yet--maybe I forgot 'bout it and deleted the files midway, but I still remember the folk clearly to this day.

I don't think I can write him as a main character, but imo he can make a good sidekick.
Dream characters are always the best!

LWFlouisa

Not sure if I mentioned, but did you know one of my favorite actually has two different versions?:

The original version was actually a version of Nadine that never went through gender transition, and worked on building robots and cyborgs for the military, taking inspiration from his father who worked on the Earth Orbit Space Elevator. Eve was a since then alternative continuity character that was built in the image of his first girlfriend, who was beheaded in a Space Elevator accident. Ellen would later go onto to never having road the elevator, the elevator having never been built, and Nadine falling from a sky city instead.

But when I went back and wrote the old version, Richard became Nadine, and it took on a continuity of a different direction. That's the continuity Uploaded Fairy falls within. But I still hold onto my alternate continuity, just in case later I want to have some multiverse thing.

So the whole "Lover who builts cyborgs from their dead lovers" trope has been a recurring thing for me, when I was still into science fiction.

But it's why I'm often confused, because I'd have to choose between two different versions of the same character.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Doan! Bit cheating there, they're technically three tiny slimegirls in a trenchcoat. They used to be human (and male), but kind of stepped into a magical trap that had secretly been custom-designed for their trans and plural ass. They have a very fun character dynamic of switching between three different types of thinking in an instant depending on who's emotions are the strongest, of being able to split apart into any combination of each of themselves, and in general of falling in love with basically any cute girl who shows a modicum of kindness towards their person(s).
That sounds like it would make one almighty fluffy GL novel (if there isnt already one)

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist

Scorpioness

uhmmm... i tend to change my fav oc, as i'm working on a new idea and have little obsession then... So my current fav OC I never actually really used yet in any w.i.p. is Los (fate, destiny in polish), he's grumpy black cat (I usually avoid using beastkin term), who likes to make researches and theories about magic, yes he's a mage and also happens . Los is actually older than he looks thanks to the small blue stone he wears on his collar, it happens to be philosopher's stone (i kinda like the idea that the stone is blue not red) and it is extending his life (he got the stone from his master and this is the only thing keeping him alive at this moment).

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Very first OC I’ve ever created. It was back in 7th class That I first drew her, though she existed even before that in my head. She’s the OC with the most sketches and wips. Someday I will hopefully do her justice and finish a complete illustration of her.

Sii

Both of my current stories are multi-POV so I don't really play favorites.

I do currently like one of my characters for my Metus entry, he's a slick talking sadistic pimp and also happens to be really superstitious. He's absolutely a piece of shit human being, as I prefer all my characters to be super flawed, but he has his redeeming qualities. Sorta. He's still a piece of shit.

Suzumiya

Goku.

There's no rhyme or reason behind it - I just do.

Wait. Character I'VE ever made!? Well jeez, I'm not sure. I've never thought about it before - shouldn't an author like all the characters they create? Even if I think on which I'm proudest of, none really come to mind.

There is a character I'm most embarrassed to have created. When I was young, I didn't get along with my brother. Also, I kept a diary. You can see where this is going? I wrote about my brother indirectly by modelling a character after him. This character was arrogant and self righteous. He was everything bad about my brother with none of his redeeming qualities. Sometimes, his flaws were hyperbolized. It's... really embarrassing to think about.

Last edited: