What's your favourite piece of art?

TheBoredDreamer

68545452_p0.jpg

68481038_p0.jpg

67188049_p0.jpg

68676645_p1_master1200.jpg

Meh, its been too long I opened my pictures folder. I almost entered the forbidden folder. So that's all for now...

lazyredragon

Paintings
Starry night,
The scream
I love hard brush strokes I can never get them right.

3D
Myself-justifiedartisticarrogance 😅
Yansculpts
Anything from riot and blizzard
Michaelangelo's David
Thinker

All anime art really
My friend Sixties poetry

Cultural
Maasai beading
Feudal Japan regalia

If foam coffee sculptures count then yeah those too

tak

pretty sure she has pixiv but not sure the name

Shaiyamine

Hmmm... traditional art is fun
I especially love it when the colors balance out and have good contrast
And if the POV is right and the proportions are right oh my goodness I swoon
A fun medium to look at is watercolors and acrylics I find them pretty easy to handle after all.

lilyWhiteRose

sorry for being Peak Art Student but i took some time thinking REALLY HARD about artists i like because i care about art.... a lot. more will come.... eventually

let's start with some japanese contemporary fine art!

i'm really into the superflat movement in japan.... which is essentially japanese contemporary pop art focused on anime/otaku culture for its main themes. ive used it for multiple research projects for school because it's that interesting to me.... i don't agree with all aspects of it because as we all know anime...... can be a mistake sometimes... but historically i think it's very interesting!

some helpful websites to get some basic information about it if you're interested: here and here

anyway the three main artists i like from the movement are these three here:

he may be a bit more recognizable to people.... he's famous for his unique style of drawing girls

has a more painterly style.... really into sci-fi! i think she writes up essays and criticisms about the genre.... she also has a very unique style of drawing girls....

i don't wanna go on an entire diatribe of why i find these artists and the art history surrounding them so compelling.... if you let me i'll go on for like 1000 words on them..... just look at how pretty they are for now

next up.... uhhhh contemporary working illustrators? i havent decided yet lol

Lukha

mother of all ships
In terms of a favorite piece of art, that's too difficult because there's just so many artists with styles that I enjoy. Most of the art styles I enjoy can be found on Tumblr or Twitter. Tumblr is where I can find similar aesthetic art, but Twitter is where I follow particular artists.

In terms of art style for people, I really like this artist on Twitter named noon. She draws amazing people with a variety of looks. Here's a couple of examples:

In terms of art style that attracts me due to their unique coloring style, it would be the artist meyoco. (Also she does amazing watercolors!!) Here's some examples of her pieces that showcase what I'm talking about:

Now, in terms of animation art style, I really like old 80's-90's Japanese animation similar to Perfect Blue and Ghost in the Shell. Here's some examples of that:

Phew, there's too many to list but these are just a few. Art is really diverse, and I seem to enjoy quite a few different styles so basically I can't really choose a favorite piece cuz I'm so indecisive. :sweat_smile:

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
A few years back I got really in to things with motion

art by Miv4t

But recently I find my self liking things with lighter colors
art by 韩一杰

LWFlouisa

I actually like paintings: Andrew Wyeth and Anton Peck are some examples:

andrewwyeth.jpg

I also like the art of Yukito Kojiro and Lynn Okamoto:

Basicaly a mix of Western and Eastern art.

I kind of want to be the Cyberpunk / Urban Fantasy Anton Peck.

Last edited: