When is the Best Time to Post?

DDTStudios

The title says it all. I’m wondering when the best time to post is.

Ace_Arriande

When your chapter is ready to be posted.

Posting when the most people are online (evening hours for EST timezone) to read your story also means posting when there is the most competition for recent updates.

Posting when there are the least people online (middle of the night for America) also means less competition so you can stay higher on the list for longer.

The best thing to do is to post your story at random times on random days so you hit different groups of people who check at different times. Other than that, after doing this for years here and on RR, the general consensus has always been that there is no single "best time."

Alienix

There are many similar posts to this. Most of them will say anytime.

Well I wont say the same cliche to you. This is from my experience.

The best time to post is at 00.00AM GMT+8

Of course everyone who read this can disagree. This is from my experience

DDTStudios

Oh okay, I see. I’ve only been on the platform for a few months so I’m still quite unfamiliar with things here.

DDTStudios

When your chapter is ready to be posted.

Posting when the most people are online (evening hours for EST timezone) to read your story also means posting when there is the most competition for recent updates.

Posting when there are the least people online (middle of the night for America) also means less competition so you can stay higher on the list for longer.

The best thing to do is to post your story at random times on random days so you hit different groups of people who check at different times. Other than that, after doing this for years here and on RR, the general consensus has always been that there is no single "best time."
Yeah that’s what I do since my schedule is quite flexible.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
When you're done say fuck it and post it. Or schedule it. There's no best time. It's a fucken hit or miss. Even if you got the traffic just right there's no guarantee it's YOUR traffic. Sometimes you post at the highest of times and find absolutely no one. Sometimes you may post at a downtime and you hit tens of potential readers' attention.

It's russian roulette. Just don't think too hard, but make your shots count.

Leti

The best time to post is at 25.00 PDT but sadly there is no such things as that. Not anymore.
Rather than waiting for the planets to align again, it's better to post your chapter once you have completed all preparations like double-checking it for any errors. Things like spelling and punctuation errors happened to the best of us. Better be safe than sorry.

Zero300

The title says it all. I’m wondering when the best time to post is.
Not on the weekends or during the holidays cuz that's usually when you get the least amount of views per day.

queenofthefuzzybugs

Post during different times of days on different times of the week because people live in different time zones. Honestly, post times matter less than consistency in your posting. I've noticed readers tend to go for stories that have decent amounts of chapters and reliable release dates for those chapters. It also helps to have a book cover right from the start, a decent synopsis, and making sure your story is properly tagged.

If you've got a big stockpile of chapters, it could be worth posting them rapid fire over several days to quickly gain an audience. That will get you on the Latest Updates, which most people see when they come to the website. But this doesn't work with all kinds of stories and if your story just isn't the type that is popular on this website, it'll be a slow process getting readers no matter what you do.

AkalE

The only right answer is before going to sleep.
You post, go to sleep and wake up with at least a couple of notifications! :)