Where do you guys usually discuss about the novels you read?

FeverDream

The title. Do you usually just comment on the novel, or talk about it with some real life friends, or maybe virtual friends or imaginary ones, or do you use the author discord page or something? Or you usually don't like to interact and is fine just reading them?.

Just curious.

EternalSunset0

The title. Do you usually just comment on the novel, or talk about it with some real life friends, or maybe virtual friends or imaginary ones, or do you use the author discord page or something? Or you usually don't like to interact and is fine just reading them?.

Just curious.
Private messages with some friends. Some Discord channels by the author if it exists.

Few of my real life friends know I write, and part of those only read just because I make them beta read my stuff, so there's not much going on irl as far as webnovels from sites like this.

ForestDweller

Private messages with some friends. Some Discord channels by the author if it exists.

Few of my real life friends know I write, and part of those only read just because I make them beta read my stuff, so there's not much going on irl as far as webnovels from sites like this.

You don't comment on the story itself?

JMMatheis

I do at times. But I usually go straight to the author's inbox.
I do the same, most comments that I make are public, but if an author's writing really moves me (or if there is a glaring mistake) then I prefer to let them know directly.

Who I talk to about novels and things I read? I used to discuss what I read with friends. Now, with some students that I have. If there is something that I find really good I will recommend it to them (age dependent, of course).

Discord, I would like to. Recommend me some good ones...

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Usually, I just read until there is something that catches my eye. that's when I'll comment on the story itself. as for where and who I talk to about said stories? I would say that I can usually just PM someone else who has read it and commented. either that or the author themselves. both of these options are rare though. usually I just talk with friends who have read it or I recommended it to them.

Kitty

I usually discuss novels with my friends if I'm reading something they recommended. Usually real life friends or family.

Yati

I post comments on the chapters and in some cases talk about it on discord.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
wait...people discuss novels!?!?
Exactly... the only time I have seen discussions is when the author is going really heavy on mystery or when the writing is philosophical enough to have multiple interpretations - aka fan theories. Maybe a really fucking cool reference or implication.

And even then most of this stuff happens more in anime discussions then for novels.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.

Just curious.
I am fine reading them. No one needs to know of what web novels I read... as for IRL books, I can talk about them with friends and some people on discord...