Where does everyone get their cover art?

queenofthefuzzybugs

Clip Studio and Canva.com.

Clip Studio is for when I'm drawing my own cover. My covers are just.... passable. I have stupidly high standards for art though. You can check out my covers on my profile page here. If you want to draw your own stuff, you can use a free program like Krita and buy a cheap drawing tablet from a company like Huion. Or you can draw on paper, scan it using your phone or a scanner, and trace over it using vector lines with your mouse (Inkscape is a free program). That's a lot of work but people have done it that way. :)

Canva.com is great for beginners because it's free and they have templates. No artistic skills required! Sure, it won't have your specific characters on it, but you'd be surprised what you can do with a little bit of inventive thinking.

For instance I turned this ugly pink thing (called "Wattpad Cover", explains a lot):

Into this:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I used Paint. The worst choice, because a lot of readers choose a story based on the cover... But I'm not good with these programs...
The one Chad the world needed. Next you're gonna tell me you draw with a mouse. If so I'mma put you on the list of "guys whose dick I'm willing to slurp if I'm gay"

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
The one Chad the world needed. Next you're gonna tell me you draw with a mouse. If so I'mma put you on the list of "guys whose dick I'm willing to slurp if I'm gay"
I actually did make a story cover on paint and started publishing it once~

But uhn... I gave up on the premise, so I quit after one chapter and deleted the story... >.>

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan made Ai-chan's own covers.

Age of Gods Online's cover picture was shamelessly taken without permission, yes, from an online card game that has shut down for like 10 years. Even Ai-chan forgot what card game that was. That's why when Ai-chan started selling Felicia's Second Life, the original cover having been taken from the same card game illustrations, Ai-chan hired a manga artist to draw everything from scratch. So while there are similarities, they are essentially different images.
This was the original cover for Felicia's Second Life

This was the commercial cover of Felicia's Second Life

Covers for titles such as Hero Prince(ss) and The Bride's Groom was partly paid and partly Ai-chan's own stuff. The anime figures were paid stuff made by a Japanese manga artist by the name of BlueForest (Aomori).

The Hounds of Hell was made of two parts. The dog face and the dark forest. One of these was free, the other one was paid, Ai-chan can't remember which one was which. The effects were made in photoshop by Ai-chan's own hands.

Also, Ai-chan just found out that Felicia's Second Life is actually quite popular...