Where evil triumphs

DiscoDream

Severe autist
Need a few stories where the bad guy wins. Genuinely evil too, not an anti-hero, or misunderstood warlord. I need a stereotypical demon-king winning and that's either the end, or the beginning of the end. (Difference between Sarah Kerrigan, and whatever those Hybrids were) Other bleak stories where the world has been doomed, and it's the end days are welcome too. Just, dark things.

hippoman

If you want Sarah Kerrigan, then check out Her Majesty's swarm, both a light novel series and a manga, where a young woman loses her god damned mind and leads the swarm on a genocide of humanity the world has never seen.
her majesty's swarm zerg she's crossed the line and lost her god damned mind.PNG

melchi

What is a custom title?
I would second her majesty's swarm. Mentioning starcraft zerg is basically what the MC's faction is.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I don't know about "evil", since that is very subjective. But since we talk about insectoid swarms, how about a monster girl's evolution story? They kill, eat, enslave other races (like humans) like it is second nature.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
FFF-Class Trashero. Disillusioned teenager who commits evils under the facade of righteousness... Kinda. I consider it a masterpiece.

DiscoDream

Severe autist
FFF-Class Trashero. Disillusioned teenager who commits evils under the facade of righteousness... Kinda. I consider it a masterpiece.
Iirc, fff-class was actually an anti-hero story. He did bad things, but it turned out to be for the good. The whole 'gods are evil' schtick.
I don't know about "evil", since that is very subjective. But since we talk about insectoid swarms, how about a monster girl's evolution story? They kill, eat, enslave other races (like humans) like it is second nature.
I define evil as, "They know what they are doing is harmful to others, and they have alternatives to reach their goals, yet they do it anyways". A person choosing to take from others, even though there is ample.
I'll try out the monster series, it's evil enough from a human perspective. 🙂

LilRora

Mostly formless
You can try The Monster of all monsters (it's on Scribble, I don't have a link at the moment) if you want a little psycho who happily kills and tortures people. Not sure if that's what you're looking for; it can be pretty extreme at times. I might edit this message if I recall something more, cause I used to read a lot of those stories.

Navtz

Have you read Dungeon Defense? I consider every characters there to be evil in some way.
So evil always wins.

DiscoDream

Severe autist
Have you read Dungeon Defense? I consider every characters there to be evil in some way.
So evil always wins.
Aye, I have read dungeon defense, both the wn and the ln. The wn is one of my favorite series. 😁
Still waiting for the series to be fully translated, though I don't consider any of the important people to be evil. They're all morally grey, even Dantalian. He may carry out atrocities, but it's entirely for self preservation. (At least as he claims)
The only evil person as far as I'm concerned is Baal, as he just enjoys fucking with people.

Twin

Almost all cultivation MCs are pure evil though. The only time they do good deeds is when they are courting damsels 😂
Other than that Dungeon Defense (stereotypical demon king) light novel is best. Mou no Hajimeta (steriotypical demon king) manga is good if u don't have problem with echhi. The MC of FFF trash hero is not evil just self centric but it still counts and is good. And how could you forget Death Note (shinigami possessed) anime? Regressor's Instruction Manual (not stereotypical but MC is evil)

Last edited:

Navtz

Aye, I have read dungeon defense, both the wn and the ln. The wn is one of my favorite series. 😁
Still waiting for the series to be fully translated, though I don't consider any of the important people to be evil. They're all morally grey, even Dantalian. He may carry out atrocities, but it's entirely for self preservation. (At least as he claims)
The only evil person as far as I'm concerned is Baal, as he just enjoys fucking with people.
If you divide the world in black and white, gray becomes black since it can't be white. But that's my view.
And I then recommend Summoned Slaughterer, if you have read this one I'll just say we are alike and stop here.

Nyctoria

There is this story where everyone is evil and there are no decent human being left in the world but it's in West Taiwanese.

RaLo

Overlord, I guess? Momonga is actually quite a villain if you look outside the perspective of the MC.