Where to find an editor?

hueyhare

Hello all. I'm hoping to start self-publishing my current story via print-on-demand and ebook but before I do that, I want to get it professionally edited. I'd have it edited one arc at a time (about 15,000 to 20,000 words) so I'm thinking someone who works with short stories and/or web fiction might be a good choice, but I'm not sure where to begin looking for an editor.

Has anyone else on here done this? If so, where did you find your editor?

UnknownSaint171

I don't think this place might be the best one to ask since we're all amateurs but if i where going to self publish I'd use Fiverr services!! I wish you success bro

Minasharpwrites

First you need to decide what kind of editor you need. They don't do the same things. Depending on where you are at in you story and where you think it needs fixing you would need a different editor.
Ex. Developmental editor, line editor, copy editor, etc etc.

Now after you figure where you are in the editing process then you need to decide on your budget. To get good editing services you will spend a lot of money. If you are higher up the editing process you won't spend as much but just know that a specific editor will only look for the specific thing they're looking for.

A line editor won't do what a copy editor does. A copy editor will correct your grammar but they won't tell you your story flow is off in chapter three even if they can tell it's off.

Does that make sense? I have a habit of being too short in my explanations. It's a problem with my stories as well. :)