Which are the best visual novels/eroges that you have played?

Daichi

I have played many visual novels but my favorites are
  1. Katawa Shoujo
  2. My Neighbor is a Yandere
  3. Stein Gates
I have actually read many more but can't remember their titles. What are your favorite VN/Eroge?

HokuouTenrou

No idea about the best, but I'll gladly repeat ad nauseam that Walkure Romanze and Unionism Quartet are my favorites.

for me, the most memorable ones are ever17: out of infinity, monmusu quest, and sengoku rance.

cross channel's also pretty nice.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
  1. Katawa Shoujo
  3. Stein Gates
I have actually read many more but can't remember their titles. What are your favorite VN/Eroge?
Umineko

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
  1. Katawa Shoujo
  3. Stein Gates
Wanna play too! But where do get those games anyway. I only saw full-japanese version of this games. And man, I bad at japanese! Need some English version. asap.

Daichi

Wanna play too! But where do get those games anyway. I only saw full-japanese version of this games. And man, I bad at japanese! Need some English version. asap.
I know few site from where you can get English versions of Eroge/VN but is it allowed to display here?

Ace_Arriande

The Muv-Luv series, ML: Alternative in particular. It's the best rated VN of all time for a reason.
G-Senjou no Maou
Kamidori Alchemy Meister
Sengoku Rance

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
My top visual novels are...
1) Little Busters
2) Steins Gate
3) Umineko

I've read plenty of others and I recall their names but in terms of writing these are the best I remember.

1) Little Busters is a great representation of character development and was my first VN. The bond between the cast is great and while coming back to it I can see that it lacks in places I still appreciate it.

2) The story is remarkable. I enjoyed every minute of it and it was a great reference in how to keep a story engaging from start to finish. It's a tale that I'll never forget and would recommend to anyone.

3) I've always wanted to write like how they do in Umineko. The style is so refined as if the words themselves are fighting with each other. It's unique and cool. The story actually isn't my favorite but there are key details that separate it from the others. It's a rollercoaster of a story that may only be explainable in its current media.

Goswick

Drunken Australian
I agree with Umineko, though I'm a hardcore mystery buff, so I kind of got baited after it descended into weird magic systems and demon summoning shit. It was an interesting story though.

SourDaiDai

• Collar X Malice
    (FU- I can't choose! \(ಥ﹏ಥ)/)

• Code Realized -Guardian of rebirth-
    (MYYYYYYY TEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)

• Halloween Otome [Free]
    (Bias...I really like Tyler)

• Nameless (The one thing you must recall)
    [Same Creator as Dandelion and Mystic Messenger]

• Butterfly Soup (GL) [Free]
    (The art is nice and I really do like the characters)

• Our Life: Beginnings & Always [Free]
    (Still in it's demo phase, but I really like it!)

• Dark Night [Free]
    (I have a soft spot for long braided hair, tsun-tsun, boys.)

• Magical Otage Ciel [Free]
    (Plus the other creators work...I will exclude the April Fool's Clown Visual Novel...For I have not played it)

Most of these are Otome BUT they are visual novels! Also, I'll also slide in [Bad Apple War], despite it only popped in my head right now and it's...weird bonding moments (for some reason their clothing disappear???)+ plot holes, I freakin cried when the uhhhh character got rebirth I'll say.

Elim

Avid Visual Novel reader here!

Note: These are from the top of my head.

Top 5 of mine. All things that I probably will one day replay. Also following their fandoms.

1. White Album 2 - There is not best girl: there are only best girls. From the author of Saenai and a harem reader, this is a fantastic, dramatised but realistic story of a love triangle between 3 very close friends. The novel consists of 3 segments and heck only 2 segments have been translated and only just of recent. And its still my fav of all time. 50 hours+ of content, including lots of side material to the story. Probably the only story I have ever read that literally made my heart just die. One scene particularly made my heart feel so hollow and empty. It's just such a fu***ing mess. Masterpiece for sure.

Okay, I'm just gonna do these in a random order now. I don't want to waste hours deliberating.

2. Rewrite- What happens when the people behind Clannad, Angel beats!, Charlotte, Kanon, and Air, decide to make an action heartwarming story. Actually this isn't even nakige (story trying to make you cry). It's just very god damn solid. 8.5/10 bias round up to 9/10. Another 50 hour + VN. All the heroines are on a level of being equally great except *COUGH* just one.

3 Fate/Stay Night- "I'm going to read this because I want to see Saber's route." Knowing very well that I will end up playing the other routes despite my intention. Hahahaahahahahahah Fate stay night was amazing. To me it's a biased 10/10. I was always a huge fate zero fan. But I was really meh of Fate/stay night UBW. Hated Shirou too. And its very rare for me to hate a character in a show. But after this, I'm a huge Shirou fan. I don't think I need to go into anything as we all know how insanely popular fate is.
Favourite moments have to be the very few moments where Emiya Shirou actually fights in Rin's and Sakura's route. He goes from zero to HERO. And no no no its not a manner of it being a cliche styled way.
Shirou vs
Berserker
and Shirou vs
Archer or rather HIMSELF
. Are absolutely fantastic scenes that made my blood boil and get goose bumps throughout the whole fight.

4 Chaos;Child- Quite solid, not as solid as Rewrite. 30 hour + VN i think. From the creator of Steins;Gate. Entertaining Pyscho-suspense story. Heroines much like Rewrite are very close when it comes to myself liking them. Tho quality wise, Rewrite was better. With the exception of one. ^^

5. Aokana- YOU LIKE YOUR HIGHSCHOOL ANIMES? BUT YOU GETTING TIRED OF HOW GENERIC THEY ARE? LOOK NO FURTHER BECAUSE AOKANA IS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR. Absolutely stunning visuals, surprisingly great music, and fantastic heroine routes. Also one of the rare stories when the MC feels like he has as much development as he does to a Heroine. (Note all of the above do as well).
Essentially its Air Gear but its a romance highschool visual novel.
Heck I haven't even finished this yet, I must save this for another time.
Fun fact: Sprite, the company who made this have only made 2 visual novels. This is there second. And their company shutdown a few years after making this.
But through the fans support, they have come back.
The story has that generic fluff you want + a fulfilling story.

Honorable Mentions:

Steins;Gate-
Greatest anime of all time. Made my visual novel experience kinda weird. But it damn delivers for sure. Masterpiece.

Aiyoku no Eustesia- only 2 out of 6? chapters have been translated. It's god damn good. Potentially may enter above.

Umineko- Extremely long, not my type of novel but Its definitely one of the big ones. I need to finish it.

G-Senjou no Majo. - If death note was a highschool anime (You get what I mean). Unfortunately, I wished it had more focus on the big brain moments as I feel there wasn't enough. It had a much greater focus on the heroines. Need to finish it, but its a great Visual Novel as a starter.

Little Busters/ Tomoyo After/ Summer Pockets. - Do you want to cry? Do you value meaningful stories? Do you like Clannad/Angel Beats?

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Ace Attorney
Danganronpa (as much as it shattered my soul multiple times)
Nekopara

Leti

KFC Dating Simulator because, why not?
Jokes aside, Ayakashi Gohan and Shiro to Kuro no Alice is pretty good. I liked stories where the heroines actually have their own personalities instead of being self inserts.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
  • Nekopara and The Ditzy Demons Are In Love With Me (VN/Ero) are top quality art pieces, my all time faves

• How to Raise a Wolfgirl (VN/Ero) was nice too

• Teaching Feeling, Catgirl & Doggirl Cafe, Club Bifrost (Ero) are pretty nice eroges, the last one is kind of management (I spent way too much time being overly efficient in the last one)

• Fate Stay/Night was my very first VN, so it has a spot in my heart, alongside Stein's;Gate