Which is better: Vainglory or Heroes of the Storm?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm personally torn between the two, but I'd like to know your opinions.

Jamminrabbit

inb4 hots is a dead game meme

I've never played Vainglory so I can't say which is better. I have, however, played copious amounts of Hots and continue to play with friends. In spite of the team's downsizing, the skeleton crew of devs are still very devoted to the game and continue to roll out patches every few months. Recently, the game received a new update reworking a hero and the tower targeting system to be more like contemporary mobas.

Heroes of the Storm forgoes the popular item-purchase to scale damage in favor of a talent system. This allows players the capacity to customize and play several builds on one character alone thanks to talent synergy. The downside with the talent system is that, at the end of the day, some talents are better than others. Against certain team compositions, you are shoehorned into picking a particular talent to counter, but I think it lends to its novel playstyle that other mobas can't replicate. E.g a Caitlyn in League will always build AD and go auto attack. Meanwhile, a Valla can build Hungering Arrow, Multishot, Glorified Range Minion, or misc.

There are many maps, each with their own unique objective like a king of the hill or boss fight. Winning the objective often grants an temporary edge in besieging the enemy towers. This offers counterplay, such as focusing another objective like split pushing or taking mercenary camps (Hots version of jungle), defeating the camp temporarily bribes them to your team to fight in your lanes.

Consequently, this means there are less opportunities for soloplay/carry due to its team-oriented objective focus. Players and critics cite this as one of Hots biggest weakness- individual players rarely find glory in singlehandedly winning the game like in League or DOTA where there is a designated carry.

On the other hand, given its team focused combat you can create the biggest wombo combos most other mobas can only dream of. This can lead to some satisfying plays when pulled off right, as well as very disappointing plays if you fail. It also means that you may not have as much fun in soloq. I'm lucky to have friends who also enjoy Hots, and we're able to communicate to avoid the more frustrating aspects of the game.

RedPanda

I played some MOBAs, but League of Legends was the only game that I found captivating. I dropped hots very fast.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I played some MOBAs, but League of Legends was the only game that I found captivating. I dropped hots very fast.
What's captivating about it, the gameplay, the lore, the art?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
What's captivating about it, the gameplay, the lore, the art?
Lore. The gameplay and art are good too but after a while of similar games its just a lot of the same shit. Not exactly groundbreaking gameplay, you know? Lore, tho...its got fuck tons of lore. And hot waifus. SO many hot waifus. Just look at this chart dude! Even the nope tier. It shouldnt make my PP hard....but it does!
c127f8813c02a34e54aacc423012b538cc0793f4r1-1280-972v2_uhq.jpg

Jamminrabbit

Me looking at that chart and seeing Step-on-me-with-those-legs Elise in the nope category's got me fuming. Who made that cruddy chart?

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Lore. The gameplay and art are good too but after a while of similar games its just a lot of the same shit. Not exactly groundbreaking gameplay, you know? Lore, tho...its got fuck tons of lore. And hot waifus. SO many hot waifus. Just look at this chart dude! Even the nope tier. It shouldnt make my PP hard....but it does!View attachment 2478
That chart is so wrong but I shall respect your taste.

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
Lore. The gameplay and art are good too but after a while of similar games its just a lot of the same shit. Not exactly groundbreaking gameplay, you know? Lore, tho...its got fuck tons of lore. And hot waifus. SO many hot waifus. Just look at this chart dude! Even the nope tier. It shouldnt make my PP hard....but it does!View attachment 2478
I respect your views although some of those rankings >.<
That chart is so wrong but I shall respect your taste.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I can and will muay thai my meat to all of them. Absolutely all of them. Starting from Kindred and all the way to Zoe.

You heard me right.

ZOE.